• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any first timers have a 5143 auction clear yet?

67_C-30

74 days since SENT TO BC... This is getting ridiculous! I thought when the disclaimer on the EUC said "FIRST-TIME APPROVALS BY THE TSC MAY TAKE UP TO SYXTY DAYS FROM THE TIME AN ACCEPTABLE EUC IS RECEIVED" was a typo. Now I'm wondering how long SYXTY days really is!:sad:

Flyingvan911

I heard (here on SS) that BC has been backed up and EUC's are taking longer. I will be at 60 business days for my first EUC tomorrow. My event was 5084. It is a mess but that's the extra price paid for buying from GL. Situation normal: All F'd up! :deadhorse:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first one in 2008 took 4 1/2 months. I bought 5 more trucks while waiting.

Now at that time you paid when approved so I only had to pay for 6 trucks at one time.

Your 60+ days is a walk in the park. :razz:

WyoDeuce

I have 2 buddies waiting on first EUC's right now. 1 is around 60 days and the other is pushing 90. Sounds like Battle Creek is way behind. There sales have not been canceled.

67_C-30

I really wish I had just bought one from a civilian already titled back in April. It would have been WELL worth the extra $1000 - $1500 I would have had to pay extra to me. I had hoped to get it and pop the top off and enjoy it during the summer. By the time I get the **** thing, and and then wait for the SF-97 form, it will probably be winter. The bad thing is that I didn't buy the one I did to save money. I bought it because it was clean and low mileage. I'm seriously considering cancelling the auction, and just buying another one. The ONLY reason I haven't is because I'd like the option to buy other things from GL with EUC's.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm seriously considering cancelling the auction, and just buying another one. The ONLY reason I haven't is because I'd like the option to buy other things from GL with EUC's.
From my understanding, if it's over 60 days, you can request that the sale be cancelled and it not affect your ability to bid in future auctions. In other words, they are letting people back out of the sale "free and clear" if the EUC is over 60 days.

67_C-30

From my understanding, if it's over 60 days, you can request that the sale be cancelled and it not affect your ability to bid in future auctions. In other words, they are letting people back out of the sale "free and clear" if the EUC is over 60 days.

Yes, that is my understanding as well, but I'd have to wait for another first time EUC if I bought something else wouldn't I? I've already waited this long, and I hate to pull the plug on it, but I am getting disgusted with the whole process.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that is my understanding as well, but I'd have to wait for another first time EUC if I bought something else wouldn't I? I've already waited this long, and I hate to pull the plug on it, but I am getting disgusted with the whole process.
:wink: Ok, I misunderstood what you were trying to say :oops:.

My first purchase was a small ticket item. I did it that way so I could go ahead and get the first time EUC out of the way and I didn't really understand what to expect when dealing with GL. I figured that way, if I screwed it up, I wasn't out much money.

rwbrown72

:wink: Ok, I misunderstood what you were trying to say :oops:.

My first purchase was a small ticket item. I did it that way so I could go ahead and get the first time EUC out of the way and I didn't really understand what to expect when dealing with GL. I figured that way, if I screwed it up, I wasn't out much money.
Great idea! I wish I had thought of that! What I don't understand is why subsequent EUC's have cleared since this one. Are they on LIFO or what?

Seth_O

I won my first with 5143, EUC sent to BC 04/26 (the monday after the auction closed.) Crickets since then. I did email & call GL and they said EUC's are averaging 80 days right now, and I could cancel the sale if I wanted to w/o any repercussions.

So far I have chosen not to, but I think an offer I submitted on a house just got accepted, so that answer might have to change :???:

67_C-30

FINALLY, after 91 days, I received my paid in full invoice today. I contacted GL last week and just got a generic, non-informative response. I emailed them again Friday, telling them I was considering ending the auction because I could not get any info from anyone. I got a response from GL management tellng me GL had no control over the wait time of EUC and asking my intentions, whether I was going to end the auction or continue waiting. I had not responded to it yet, and I got the paid in full invoice shortly thereafter. Coincidence, or did someone hit the" hurry up!, we're going to lose another one button"? Either way, I'm glad the wait is over, and can't wait to go get the Blazer!:jumpin:

wholden

I just hit day 100 waiting for an EUC on event 5114. I would think GL would also be getting a bit fed up since they are the only ones we can really contact but yet they can't do anything about it, they also have to keep storing the stuff. When I asked a few weeks ago on the online help they told me they are averaging 90 days, well that day has come and gone and still no EUC......

67_C-30

Good for you C-30!

I'm up to 98 days. I used to read posts by guys who were at 100+ days and think "Man, sucks to be that guy....."

Serves me right I guess :sad:
I just hit day 100 waiting for an EUC on event 5114. I would think GL would also be getting a bit fed up since they are the only ones we can really contact but yet they can't do anything about it, they also have to keep storing the stuff. When I asked a few weeks ago on the online help they told me they are averaging 90 days, well that day has come and gone and still no EUC......

It may have been sheer coindcidence, but they seemed to get it in gear when I told them I was considering ending the auction due to length of the wait. Whyme did the same thing, and it worked for him, so I gave it a shot. I didn't at all send an irate or threathening email. I was respectful, and emphasized (twice actually) that I did want the Blazer, but was considering asking for a refund when I emailed them. Again, maybe it was just coincidence but it sure seems strange that I got a return email asking my intentions, and then a paid in full invoice about 3 hours later.:confused:

Either way, I hope you guys get your's soon. It is an agonizing wait!

wholden

C-30, I have been thinking about that, sending them a note. Honestly the only thing that has stopped me is the fact that I see SO many others are going though the same situation. I KNOW it’s only a matter of days now and I don’t want to be one of those unlucky ones were GL decided on their own to end it all and refund the money. My EUC is for a couple of 3/4 ton trailers that I can actually see (but not take) almost any weekday. I work about 10 min away from where they sit. Also, I have a buddy here at work that has an identical trailer I can borrow anytime when I need it while I wait.

On a different note, let us know how the M1009 turned out! I’m looking for one up here and have a few to look at the next few weeks. Good luck and I hope everything goes well with your pickup!

67_C-30

C-30, I have been thinking about that, sending them a note. Honestly the only thing that has stopped me is the fact that I see SO many others are going though the same situation. I KNOW it’s only a matter of days now and I don’t want to be one of those unlucky ones were GL decided on their own to end it all and refund the money. My EUC is for a couple of 3/4 ton trailers that I can actually see (but not take) almost any weekday. I work about 10 min away from where they sit. Also, I have a buddy here at work that has an identical trailer I can borrow anytime when I need it while I wait.

On a different note, let us know how the M1009 turned out! I’m looking for one up here and have a few to look at the next few weeks. Good luck and I hope everything goes well with your pickup!
Will do! I'm going to get it in the morning!

ARYankee

Check this thread out: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/54962-euc-delayed-send-letter.html

It may give you some suggestions and insight. Mine is still pending BC since 5/18. And it's not my first EUC. The hold up on most of these EUCs is actually still GL. Why? I have no idea. I plan on trying live chat tomorrow if I have time and also sending an email stating how I've spoke with DLA and they are saying that GL is the hold up due to the certificates that are supposed to be sent when your EUC is. It's really wild how the whole EUC process goes. I'm thinking of trying GSA since there isn't any EUC requirements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks