• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signals

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Truthfully we just get a civilian kit from the local truck shop and paint the lever assembly etc OD!!
Prolly not the "correct way" but it works just fine:-D

I'm not sure of the mechanics of the process but if you PM favviking he can probably help out.

TedG

Hi Eric,

I have a military turn signal kit installed in my 52-m38a1. I installed it in the mid-90's. I will take pics over the weekend and post if you want.

cbvet

Thanks papabear & Ted.
I'm sure I can make a non-cancelling turn signal setup with a double throw toggle switch & a flasher. I've done that before.
But I was wondering if there is a "correct" military setup for the M38A1.
Did they ever come with turn signals?

TedG

Eric,

Signal-stat 600 Sigaid.
only marking inside an extra box I have is; 8683544.

it had a complete add on harness & it tied into the 3-lever light switch. I added a left rear tail light to the right rear for better visability & used the front bo marker lights for blinkers. if I find the instructions, i'll post them up. pictures later.

ted

pvtjorge

I installed the water proof electronic module and lever that is the same used in the M35A2. It was an easy installation

jimm1009

You can also use the same generic military arm (switch) that is used on the M35 series truck.
It looks like it should be there is you fabricate your wire harness from black wire and use the correct wrapping tape or similar.
A place to check out is Vintage Wiring of Maine. This may not be the exact name but they are wonderful and can help supply you with the wrapping tape and connectors if you just want to get it done fast.
I'm going to do the same thing for my CJ2A and my M38 as well.
Good luck.
jimm1009

modified

Does anyone know of a turn signal kit for an M38A1?
Eric,
Are you looking for correctness or functionale'?
Is your M38A1 stock 24 VDC?

Functionale:
Jeff at WWW.FLMV.NET has the wiring harness, Electronic Flasher, and Turn Signal Lever that is Mil spec surplus. (M151-take-offs )
wiring diagram is found here:
Willys M Jeeps Forums-viewtopic-Turn signals

G503.com Message Forums • View topic - M38A1 Turn signal wiring

Correctness:
Relay box and lever are rare though obtainable on epay, c/l, so on..
discussions and images found here:

Willys M Jeeps Forums-viewtopic-turn signal question

Willys M Jeeps Forums-viewtopic-Early M series turn signal kit help

G503.com Message Forums • View topic - M38A1 turn signals

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks