• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA part numbers needed For NHC250

Steamynachos

HI guys I need Napa part numbers for the oil filter and fuel filter for my M813A1 this will be my first oil change on a diesel is there anything special I sould know about also?

BigSkyCountry

Hello Steamy,

I just did the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I did my first oil change on my M543A2 multifuel. I found a cross reference for multifuel engine filters on the Steel Soldiers technical articles. I also downloaded the appropriate TM posted here for my LDS-465-1A multifuel engine. I took my time, used 22 quarts of Rotella SAE 30, 2 oil filters from NAPA and it went very well.

I am not sure if the filters for your diesel are the different than a multifuel. What engine do you have? Maybe one of the more knowledgeable guys can help you out here.

I have to say that this website is awesome! I continue to learn more about my vehicle, by reading about other guys experiences here. It is great to have the venue here for guys interested in the old green iron.

Thanks,

Jim

supermechanic

his engine type is in the title of his post. 'NHC 250'
(thats a cummins, by the way)

Any well equiped heavy truck parts store will have the filters.
to be sure, bring the old ones with you.

AMGeneral

Steamy,
Here are some filter numbers that any truck dealer should stock

Fleetguard
Oil-LF516
Fuel-FS1201 or FS19553(upgrade I think)

Baldwin
Oil-P999-HD
Fuel-PF316
Hope this helps.

AMGeneral

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the fuel fuilter is napa----3401, ill have the oil tomorrow, the wife needs to find it (where ever i put it) im in va so cant look myself, the fuel was a special order, the oil is hard to find because its not a spin on and napa does not carry military end use, hope i have the number tomorrow.
the fuel # was crossed though 3 or 4 brands from the military supplier till we got the napa #( all of those brands no longer make that filter)
hope this helpsl

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Digging up an old thread, since the Wix/ Napa 1954 oil filter does not come with a gasket only the little one at the top of the bolt, whats the part # for the large one? -Jay

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the last one I used (napa) had the correct gasket with it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed the oil in 2 of my trucks this year. I know I didn't buy a separate gasket. One filter I know I bought at NAPA, the other one was a military stock item.

Sorry I don't recall buying the gasket separately, but I am nearly certain I changed them too.

I did some searching here on the site and only found a few threads asking for the gasket, with no answers.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I searched too, im going to try again with Napa at a diff. one. Seems like maybe you guys got some older filters and WIX doesnt put one in the box anymore? Who knows.

EDIT

So I gave up and called White Owl , 12 bucks for the filter and all the gaskets. I called two other Auto Parts stores, theres notes in all there computers that Wix doesnt put the large gaskets in the boxes anymore and you have to order them seperate. And theres 6 or 8 diff. sizes. So White Owl saves me again .

Last edited:

lsansone

I searched too, im going to try again with Napa at a diff. one. Seems like maybe you guys got some older filters and WIX doesnt put one in the box anymore? Who knows.

EDIT

So I gave up and called White Owl , 12 bucks for the filter and all the gaskets. I called two other Auto Parts stores, theres notes in all there computers that Wix doesnt put the large gaskets in the boxes anymore and you have to order them seperate. And theres 6 or 8 diff. sizes. So White Owl saves me again .

is there a number for the white owl filter ?

thanks
lou

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks