• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sf-97 manufacturer

whyme

my truck is a 1971 general products m32a2. my question is whether i can put "jeep" in for manufacturer on the sf-97 to save myself hassles with dmv? i plan on listing it as a "pickup" under type and everything else is self explanatory. well except the vin. do i use the whole SN # or the short vin?

Last edited:

dozer1

I have 2 1971 deuces and ran into the same question as you . I put Jeep Corp. for the manufacturer, however I havent got SF97'S yet so I cannot tell you that it is correct for sure. The SF-97's should be in this week judging by some of the others I have heard about lately.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In NY, It is not a pick up truck.

The closest our DMV has for Truck Type, is Flatbed.

The people at your local DMV will ask you what type of truck it is.

If you answer pick up truck, I would consider that deception.

Mine are "Flatbed" trucks and have "AM General" as the manufacturer. No issues...

Use the 0252-xxxxx vin number(on the frame), not the military serial number, example: 4K9549(sometimes painted on the inside of the doors). Both the vin and serial number should be on the data plate.

Last edited:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
As more and more regulartory agencies become interested in our vehicles (along with it being simply the right thing to do) - I'd urge everyone to be honest on their SF-97s and titles.

One of these days - someone is gonna need to register these vehicles, and with all the bogus SF-97s and titles, children, widows will have have trouble selling these things - future buyers will have trouble getting titles. In the here in now - if there should be some sort of tragedy when driving one of these 40 year old 12000 lb trucks with a single-circuit brake system, there will be a number of experts from a number of insurance companies looking over things with an eye toward any angle that will allow them to deny a claim. This jeapordizes the injured - as well your own family - which will become at risk of litigation. I have a friend who lost his home and ultimately wife - when his insurance company found a "problem" with his insurance application post-wreck.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

Last edited:

whyme

doghead: i will consult my copy of the ny v and t law but im curious in reguards to how this truck is more a flatbed than a pick up? i would point to the ford f650 and international cxt as examples of other "pick up trucks" with similar GVW. i wasnt so much asking the question in reguards to law but i will check to be sure, im more looking towards ease of registration and simply what to classify this as. flatbed would seem to point to a bed w/o sides but again ill see what the v&t defines it as.

lsansone

seems to me that pick-up implies small truck. f650 and such are just " trucks" unless they are dump-trucks. does not seem like a big deal to just call it a "truck"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks