• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

use of wrecker ground spades?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering the hassle of setting them up, last resort. Most secure the truck with the front winch if they can.

rizzo

A friend of mine drove a 543 in the service. He said he used the micro lock most of the time, if it slid then he would use the field spades.

rmgill

Seems like a set of hydraulically deployed spades would have made more sense both from a speed of recovery standpoint and from the aspect of already working with hydraulically actuated components on the truck. A couple of spades forwards and aft could be easily deployed.

rizzo

Junkyard Wars Crusher said:
Just saw this while browsing one of the manuals :wink:

Sorry, it doesn't really show much detail as to how they are attached.
the manual says to dig a hole in the ground to put the spades in.

5tonpuller

I have used the rear winch to pull out stump. Us the micro lock and then find something to tie the front to with
the front winch. Never had any problems that way.

Elwenil

That's probably the prefered method but when dealing with different kinds of terrain, you may not have anything to tie off to such as in the desert. Spades are about the only option you have at that point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks