• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

E85 in Houston

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched a news bit last night about a kroger selling E85. It's the first one in town. It's running 40 cents a gallon cheeper than gas. I sure hope it takes off! It's out on HWY 6 though. About 60 miles away. Too far to do me any good. Anybody ever tried this stuff?

ida34

I was going to get some for my fuel tank at home. The folks at the fuel place said not to use it unless you have a flex fuel vehicle. Instead I got e15. It was a few cents cheaper but I got a rebate of $14 from the government for 300 gallons. Considering the drop in fuel economy I got with it I would not get it again unless it was really alot cheaper than regular unleaded. My MPG went from 11.9 down to 11.5 on my Excursion. They did tell me to expect a drop in MPG. I am not sure of the MPG drop in flex fuel vehicles.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm told that the main difference is all rubber components are changed to viton. I'm also told tha the fuel ratio is richened to compensate for less BTU's. Hince the milage loss. But as long as the rubber is replaced it will run with less power and milage. I only have one gas vehicle "My wifes tahoe" but i think it's too old to be flex. I'm ready to sell it and get another diesel vehicle for her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks