• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC clearance time for prior buyers

mcmullag

What is the deal with Batttlecreek, MI office? Put some more people on staff or sumthin. I am waiting so I can go pick up a new to me deuce with winch.
I have people that want to buy my current deuce now but I need a truck for displays with the local Marine Corp League so I cannot yet sell my current deuce although GL as already put the thousands of dollars for the newer deuce on my credit card. I may lose these current people interested in my current vehicle. I wish that someone could help us good people obtain these items faster, that are just following our hobbies and want to have military stuff for display and parades for public enjoyment.

GL purchases do have there challenges, but you should have known this prior to bidding. You can buy from a dealer or private sale, if you are in such a hurry.
My last few EUC's cleared in 10 days or less, they were not for M35s, but shows that the entire process is not broken. At least not the GL part.
:deadhorse:

mcmullag

pay way in advance

bulldogmack13; gawd bless ya for selling me this here deuce.... if I win the powerball, I would really like to hold on to Fred. Great running and great condition truck. For some reason I wanted the winch truck at Ft. Carson with lower miles and; nicer, cleaner, clearer, data plates on the dash.

drgreg; as a business person, I just dont get why they take up to 100 days now to clear somebody that has already been cleared whilst loading thousands of dollars on said party's credit card immediately. My previous purchase and check-out was for a M105 trailer. Nobody ever mentioned that it takes longer to be checked out for a deuce than other equipment, and I have been on this site twice a day for the last 4.5 years. I thought I would be good to go in ten bidness days.

ok, I swiped a pack of Wrigleys spearmint gum from the pharmacy up the street, in 1973. Let my people go........

Oh the humanity!

Papa Bear, Wreckerman, Gimbyrob, Strecth, my brothers, can ya back me up here?

flyxpl

Once the EUC go to Battle Creek ( usually a few days ) it is out of GL's hands . So is it right to say GL has nothing to do with the long wait .

Motorcar

I recovered my M35A2 two weeks ago from Fort Sam Houston.....141 days at BC waiting, this after I had cleared EUC for an M105 trailer. Last week got my M101A1 trailer after 12 day wait. DLA told me the demil code had changed and they were chasing a certification to get it released. I don't know for sure but it seemed to help after I called DRMO/DLA and had them put a trouble ticket on it.

wsucougarx

Here we go again:) Here's what my deal was. I sent in my 8th EUC 13MAY10. Didn't pickup until 60 days later...why? My truck was during the DEMIL code change. Certain trucks (M35A2's M109A3's etc) now require a DEMIL certificate be sent and put on file for the particular truck you won. The truck will remain in a holding pattern until all necessary DEMIL certs are on file with the Federal Gov't. GL took 2 months to send in all the DEMIL cert for my particular truck.

ARYankee

wsucougarx is correct!!! It is actually STILL GL holding you up. They send in your EUC but because of the new demil code, GL has to fill out some extra paperwork (certificates). That is my problem at the moment: my EUC is clear, the govt is waiting on the certificates from GL.

Katahdin

Today I received my second EUC invoice in 11 days (M105A2). My first BC wait last fall was 68 days (M109A3).

08/09/2010 EUC sent to Battle Creek (emailed to GL that afternoon)
08/20/2010 Customer Notified

I think I'm suffering from whiplash right now....

davidkroberts

i just found that out about GL holding/processing? the demil paperwork myself. After calling BC about day 55 they had told me that they had just recieveed the EUC and paperwork on august5th. GL told me they had sent it on june 17th ish. Once they got all the paperwork they needed i was cleared in about a week or so.

GL has been putting the blame on Battle Creek and im just not sure thats accurate. GL "might" be being held up in the process obtaining a Demil cert for the M35's ive had ordered but if so why all the cloak and dagger run-around. Why not just say so instead of blaming it on BC when BC didnt have the paperwork yet to being with. If your making excuses its more likely that the holdup really is on GL.

Flyingvan911

It appears to be the Bermuda Triangle of paperwork. GL, DRMO, and the DLA. The DLA said they are just waiting on a certificate then my EUC is good. They said the certificate has to come through "channels." I e-mailed GL and they said the wait is not because of them. My impression is there may be some paperwork that has to go from the DRMO to the DLA. I am not sure about this. It is a big black hole and "nobody knows nothing."

davidkroberts

trailers and such arent any problem all of mine clear in no time. its m35's that seem to be giving everyone problems. Gauges on the M35a2's and runflats or something on the M35A3's. Im not sure whatelse is getting stalled if anything.

flyxpl

bought a M35A3 end of last month . Had a EUC revision so it went to BC a few days late . EUC cleared in about 12 bis. days , Westech picked it up about 2-3 days later . Now I just need to get up thier and get it.

davidkroberts

cool ive been hearing about things moving allot faster maybe somebody got replaced/fired/or decided to start working in some mysterious cubical somewhere in red tape land....lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks