• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Drums

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,
Does anyone know if the brake drums and backing plates are the same
on the XM211 as they are on the M35? Are they also the same as on the M54,
or are the brakes on the M54 larger?
Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the M54 Bruce. Those are much bigger. Don't know about the M35 and M211 though. I would think not but no proof

jasonjc

The XM211/M135 used GM axles vs. the M35 used the "Rockwells" the brakes are very diffren so the drums would be to.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Kenny and Jason,
Jason, you wouldn't happen to have any part numbers for the brake
parts would you?

Kenny, That's some picture you have there....

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Kenny,
Yes, I saw all three. That third one isn't very private though.....

Hi Jason,
You sure have a nice place to work!

Thanks Tony!

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, You must have realy worked hard to be able to afford a place like that.
Have you got the little one turning wrenches yet?

jasonjc

The littel one belong to a buddy of mine. I do make him turn wrenches when I can. As for affording it , no wife,grilfriend or kids and lots of det.
now if I could just stop buying more truck all the time and get some of the one I have done aua

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The brake system on the M211 is twice (yes twice, 2x) as powerful as the M35 has. The M211/m135 have double acting, double wheel cylinders. They use BOTH shoes for all brake applications. Physical dimensions of the friction material is the same, just twice as much in use on the M211. M54's have an entirely different catagory of brakes. larger diameter, much larger width, larger wheel cylinders, larger booster.

williamh

i got to agree on the twice as powerfull .. i can lock up all 4 rear tires on my m135 but not on the m35 .. i thought it was due to more tires on the ground ... but it will stop like right now!!!

but firefox , if you need parts for your m135 . backing plates drums etc. call me , ill give you what i have if youll pay for shipping or you want to pick it up .

will

Tony

williamh,
do youhave any break lines for the M-135, also I need a couple of bolts that hold the block to the back plate, the block as I call it is rectangular in shape which hold the adjusting star..not at home where I cangive you the proper nomenclature,
thanks, Tony

williamh

i dont have any new hoses, the ones i have may not even serviceable ... but i do have the bolts that go threw that go into the blocks , i got a good idea what your talking about . how many do you need ?? if you want ill take some pictures of what i have and send them to you if you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks