• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM-9-1871 bent rims info needed

poof

Dirty Hippie
Hello. woundering if any one here has this TM.. if so what dose it say about repair on the A5 aluminum rims?.. also how dose one tell the diffrence between the a5 aluminum rims and all the rest made from Magneisum.
they must have been mixed and matched during their time in service..
thanks.
J.P.

armytruck63

The old rule of thumb is that once a wheel is bent, it's trash. That being said, a Mule is a slow speed vehicle, so you may get away with straigtening a wheel. Just make TOTALLY sure you don't have the mag wheel before you come near it with a torch :shock:.

asgtoolman

My mule had 3 aluminum wheels and one magnesium when I purchased it; could obviously tell the difference by picking them up and feeling the weight difference--[this does you no good if you don't have anything to compare]
VISUALLY, there was quite a difference in mine because the mag wheel had "worm holes" in the surface, which I understand is common.
I purchased a new replacement from Bill Watson [google Bill Watson Mules], but that was last January and his inventory of really good wheels was low at that time; don't know if he has found more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks