• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chinese HEMTT?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reverse engineering at its finest. The MTVR copy is definitely just that, but at least it looks a little different. The HEMTT clone is almost identical! Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Green_gator

The Chinese are the largest group of thieves when it comes to intellectual property. If it is made and the Chinese want it they have no problems stealing it from you. Yet we have to play nice and cater to their wishes because they are "the worlds largest market". I hope that our country wakes up before it is too late to deal with them.:soapbox:

jamesfrom180

Ok just a guess but if you are a spooky type in a certain facet of our government isn't it kinda nice to know all the limitation of the "enemy states" if they are using true clones makes life alot easier to know true capabilities. When my toaster starts having internet access and my TV tells me its happy to have me home then I might worry about the Chinese clones otherwise it is useful to know the actual range and fording ability of certain pieces of equipment.

As for theft of intellectual property, yeah that sucks and I wise we didn't have to deal with it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"As for theft of intellectual property, yeah that sucks and I wise we didn't have to deal with it."

maybe that is why a EUC is needed for a 68 deuce

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When my toaster starts having internet access..
I do already. rofl

But yeah, if their reputations holds up they wont be nearly as reliable as the originals. And what scale of production and deployment are theses vehicles going to see? Their going to need a lot of trucks for the size of their forces, might end up cutting corners to make up for numbers. 2cents

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt there is is a theft of intellectual property. The original developers agree to turn over all design and copy information to the US goverment when producing a tacticle vehicle. The government can supply that info to any contractor who can then bid on the contract.

How do you think AM General ended up producing the ford design M151 and there are so many manufactures of M35s?

The only company I believe that did not do this was Dodge with the M37.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
no, means thay ether got a captured one, or bought one from gl, or did a bunch of research , or all three, remember government has unlimited funds so it would not be to hard to build one, any body could if you had the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engineering drawings and specs are most likely in the public domain. How do you think the Russians copied the space shuttle? The plans were publicly available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks