• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-101 wheel and tire question

alec78

I am very new to owning this trailer and am need of some help. I need to replace my dry rotted chipping apart mil tires. I saw a pic on this site of a M-101 with what looked like BFGs ATs. Is that possible? I attached the pic for referance.

I also have the origional split rim wheels and was wondering if there are any conventional wheel that have the same bolt pattern, I can use to replace them?

Thank you for your time!
Alec78

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats the M101. The M101A2's had a different axle, surge brakes, and the 8 lug chevy style wheels/tires. It is possible to change axles out, but not fun.

Bad-Karma

If you have 5 lug split rims you are kind of stuck with them,unless you have custom rims made.The m-101 wheels are the same as m-37 and aftermarket tires are easy to find(9.00x16)ect.

CGarbee

Just to jump in and do a little bit of self promotion... I have a page on my website with tire info for M37's that is applicable for the M101 and M101A1 trailers and that is useful for M715 folks as well since they run the same size rubber (but have a different bolt pattern on the wheel)...
Page is located at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos5.htm

Additional info that would help flesh out the page is always welcome...

citizensoldier

tires

You can run most 16 inch rim size tires on these rims (budd rim) if you use radial tubes and flaps. As long as they are not real wide tires. They are not split rims so most truck shops will still service them.
Those STA tires are 166 dollars a piece up by me but I have recently heard of people getting them for around 150. Very good tire from my point of view.
Yes that is Armadas trailer and mine in the background. Small world... :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks