• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer plug

cbvet

A friend has an M38A1 & an M416 trailer.
The M38 has a trailer plug socket that is a different pattern than the plug on the trailer. The plug on the trailer matches the socket on my Deuces. It looks to me as though it would be easiest to change the plug on the trailer, rather than the Jeep's socket.
Anybody got a trailer cord end that would fit?

CGarbee

Hmmmm.
The plug on my M38 (and on a buddy's M38A1) match that on the M37, XM813, etc., in my yard. I have actually plugged my M416 into the five ton for a trip down the road (long story, and I did not take any photos...).
I'd change the socket on the jeep instead of the trailer... You can get the correct socket with pigtails on it from a number of dealers (Midwest Military and Saturn Surplus come to mind as places that I have seen them advertised).

Good luck.

jimm1009

If the pattern on your jeep is four little blade like contacts that protrude out at 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock, 8 o'clock & 10 o'clock then you have a WWII connector which also carried over into the odd CJ2A. You should not have this style plug in aN m38 but with years of being in civy hands it could have been added for an old Bantam trailer.
It you can take a picture of the plug with the cover open and post it here it would help a lot.
jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks