• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos of my L-4 during movie filming

L-4Pilot

Guys'

They were shooting a movie during Operation Cobra of the Breakout from Normandy. The movie is "Red Rose of Normandy". Here are a couple of shots of the L-4 taken during filming over the three days I was there. You can see a lot more photos of Armor and vehicles on the L-4 face book page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Piper-L-4-Owners-and-Fan-Club/165932753435388

I was operating from a 900 ft grass strip near the "Battlefield".

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great shots-especially #4!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It takes alot to make my heart race these days...but dang if I didn't get down right excited seeing those pics!!!:drool::drool:

Got anymore??:beer:

L-4Pilot

One thing that was very noticeable was the pop, pop of the small arms both rifles and automatic weapons as I flew over the German positions. Even with a headset on and the engine running you could clearly hear the gunfire.

They were having a good time shooting at me and we were ruled as shot down once.:cry:

Steve

L-4Pilot

Here is the updated trailer with the Florala footage included, my L-4 appears in the trailer at the 2:24 mark.

I hope they either remove or computer enhance the inaccurate T-6 and T-28 footage. They could slap a computer generated paint job on them which would help but they would still be wrong.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsjC-Vj1lfk[/media]

Steve