• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit Starter Woes

Scuffy

Hi guys! I've looked high and low and have not been able to find a clockwise rotation, 12V 30MT starter for my Detroit Diesel 3-53. I know they exist. At this point in time not many engines utilize them. Does anyone know where I might be able to get ahold of a used one at a decent price? This is going into a budget build and spending $400-$500 dollars on a new or reman'ed one is just not in my range. I'd go to a yard and pull it myself if I knew of one nearby.

And on that note- I have the functioning 24V 30MT that came with the engine, it's up for grabs. **** if someone needs it and wants to trade for a 12V I'm game for that too!!! lol

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
get a marine( as in boat) starter, if the boat had twin motors, one turned clockwise the other was set up fo counter clockwise, I had a detroit motors motor manual (more like a 3-4"book) that covered all the detroits including marine twins from small 2 cylinders to 12 cylinders, plus twin block units. being Im a good guy, I loned it out to a friend (ex), last time I ever saw it, was told "I loned it, ill get it back" RIGHT

rnd-motorsports

:ditto::ditto: find a rebuilder to change the starter you have call a few to see if they will. a shop that has been in buisness for awhile will have no problem. Or like stated find a marine starter like stated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks