• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low tire

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M35A2 has a couple of low tires. They are 900X20 NDT. One is an inside RR, and has very little air, the other is the right front. It has about 35 psi. Is is safe to air them up and is 50psi sufficient? I hear all these horro stories about the lock rim flying off.
Thanks for the help.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Once the bead has seated the ring will not fly off unless it has been unseated.

When they are mounted on the truck the rings are on the inside of the duals and will not fly anywhere even if they could.

For safety purposes you can get an air chuck that will lock on the valve stem and you can air it up remotely.

These rims are not the old three piece rims that were notorious for coming apart.

If the tire is dismounted it is always best to have it in a tire cage or secured under a tractor bucket or forklift fork just in case.

Always err on the side of caution.

NMC_EXP

My M35A2 has a couple of low tires. They are 900X20 NDT. One is an inside RR, and has very little air, the other is the right front. It has about 35 psi. Is is safe to air them up and is 50psi sufficient? I hear all these horro stories about the lock rim flying off.
Thanks for the help.
If I had one that was low enough to be sitting on or close to the rim, I'd jack it up before inflating it.

If it's sitting all the way down on the rim, the lock ring might not seat properly as the tire inflates.

Also you run the risk of creasing or twisting the inner tube as it inflates.

Regards

Jim

emr

all good info, 35 is fine to air up with no problem, 35 will give u good traction, these tires will run at 15 :) and air up from there with no problem, 50 is a good number to run, I used to run 40 to 45 in rear duels and 55 in fronts .. but that would change through out during the year, as i experienced what worked for me. good luck....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks