• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MASSTER Camo and MERDC Camo

meckanic

I am in the process of painting my M886 Ambulance back to a camouflage pattern. I have seen members with camo. ambulances and they look sharp.

Here is the dilemma I have:

In Europe during the 1970's the 7th Army had a camouflage developed by the MASSTER program. It was Tan, Brown, Black and Green. Most of the tnaks and 6x6's were this color but hte question is, were soft skins also painted this color or were they standard 383.

I like the colors but I want to authentic.

Any help?

meckanic

It would help if I could spell:

MASSTER:
(All colors from FS color chart)

30277-Brown
31770-Sand
34079-Forest Green
37038-Black

7th Army UASREUR

rmgill

Oh, man, I spent SOOOO much time painting roco minitanks in that pattern. I could probably do that on a real truck in my sleep....

lasse

meckanic said:
It would help if I could spell:

MASSTER:
(All colors from FS color chart)

30277-Brown
31770-Sand
34079-Forest Green
37038-Black

7th Army UASREUR
Wow! Where did you get those color numbers from? 30277 is a sand color,and I can't find 31770 in FS-595B.

I just started a discussion of this pattern on the finescale.com forum, you may want to take a look. Posted a few pictures and links too. That wonderful camo scheme is my absolute favorite!

-Lasse

meckanic

Lasse,

I also found the colors on Panzerbaer. I made a mistake and 31770 is to be 31170 rust brown. I have also tried to find the regulations and I can not. I noted various schemes also and I hope to follow the pattern shown for the Sheridan and will probably follow this.

Good luck in your adventures.

McGuyver

meckanic said:
In Europe during the 1970's the 7th Army had a camouflage developed by the MASSTER program. It was Tan, Brown, Black and Green. Most of the tnaks and 6x6's were this color but hte question is, were soft skins also painted this color or were they standard 383.
I've never heard of this pattern scheme. What is the "MASSTER program"? Is this a cross between the NATO three color and the four color MERDC pattern? Have you got any better pictures of it on an M880?

meckanic

Can't tell if it was actually used on M880 Class vehicles. I have seen it on M715 and 6x6's. This is what I am trying to find out; (if it was used on M880 Class)

Meckanic

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks