• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

titling help

Dave87

Ok I'm new to the MV world. I would like to purchase a m38a1 from a Guy and he say he doesn't have a title so he's going to write a bill of sale. So I made a call to the SOS and they said they wont title it. Does anyone have any input?
I live in Michigan.

Oilleaker1

In my state of SD, they have changed. You have to sign a personal release form and they do a nationwide search. If they find a past title or previous owner, you have to send certified letters to him asking him to get a duplicate title. They won't give you his personal info. like address or phone # either. If you get no joy and prove it, then and only then they let you fill out a afidavid applying for a title with a recent bill of sale. Then it's up to the state to decide if they still want to at all. NOT GOOD!aua

wrecker

Many states are more agreeable to a bill of sale for older vehicles, especially in the south. They were not required to be titled until the 70s or something here so there is no issue with a bill of sale. That may have changed by now but research a couple states and find a friend to be an intermediate. Big hassle but better than having a completely undrivable vehicle.