• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woodworth, LA 1009 Previews

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone preview the 1009s GSA sold last week in Woodworth, LA? I bought the one below and was wondering what was wrong other than the 2 flat rears.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not, but I sure was tempted to bid on the M275A2 Deuce tractor they had. Here's an idea for your 1009. Call up the VFD that had it and ask them why they turned it in! I just did that with my newest M880 from GSA. It was still camo, but I knew it came from fire service because of a USFS data plate on the dash. The clue was in the trash on the floorboard: A bag of raffle entries, all with addresses in Sierra Blanca, TX. (On I-10 to El Paso). I called the VFD there and sure enough, they got rid of it because it had steering wander. No kidding, one of the left front wheel bearings was broken in half.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one will probably be trading or selling material. My main concern was if it would have any difficulties flat towing with a medium tow bar. My job for the next couple of days is to scrounge up 2 wheels and tires (I'm guessing there's no spare) so I can at least get it out of their lot. Beyond that I've got time to figure out any running issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks