• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door panels on a WC

rbaldauf

I have to change the guts on the doors from a WC 27 ambulance to a WC pick-up. Glass and door latch and handles. Stupid question follows, how do I get the door latch handle and the window crank off so I can get the door panel off?? The panel is off the WC and it looks like a roll pin held the handles on but what ever is holding the handles on the ambulance doors is hidden by a little trim ring between the handle and the panel. I don't want to do what I normally do in this case, break something. Any help will be appreciated.

68427vette

i believe that trim ring, pushes back, and exposes the pin, or clip. i use a large pair of plyers(tips wrapped n tape) slip over the handle(going toward the door), and push into the door,(may be spring loaded) then the pin/clip will be exposses, your local auto store sells a tool like these... they are handy, a screw driver works just as well to pop the clip out.. once you ve depressed the trim ring.

Amazon.com: 7 pc CAR DOOR PANEL, TRIM & Windshield REMOVAL TOOL: Automotive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks