• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog photos

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice Mog. 11.00's?

I wish I could find one of those tarps with the rear flap on it. My tarp became rather 'crunchy' from the sun.

Cheers

pitbull

Hi,

Yes, 11.00 x 20's. i believe my tarp is actually install backwards? Thanks for the compliments. She's for sale if anyone is interested.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, yes, the tarp is on backwards but I wasn't going to front you out! :D

The narrow flap across the front near the top clips to the flap on the back of the cab cover to keep rain/snow from getting in between them (at least from above).

I always thought the cargo cover was a bit of a weak point as regards weather protection, with that open window at the front and the older tarps like mine having no rear flap. I use a rear flap from M-series trucks that I narrowed a bit to fit, works okay. The later tarps like yours with the rear flap look very weather proof except for that window. But you can always hang a small tarp inside like I have in the past to keep rain out.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks