• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Tank

M38A1forlife

hello everyone my computer has been down quite some time along with my jeep but now im back. my gas tank is rusted out and unrepairable, I really dont want to purchase a new one at $350 does anyone out there have one for sale? I have a 1954 M38 A1. Ive substituted a fuel tank out of a boat for now but dont want it to be permanent.

knc1105

I tried coating mine and gave up and bought a new one. That ended all my fuel problems. I know it was a big bite but if that tank made it from 1952 to 2011, a new one will out last me. I was worried that if I waited several years a new one might not be available for a M-38. They were only made 3-years and I wonder how many are still running out there. There might not be enough potential customers for someone to tool up and make them in the future.

dozer1

This was a pretty old thread, I was just wondering what you decided to do. I agree with knc1105 if the new one is 350.00 grab it and dont look back. Someones rusty , varnish covered tank would need lots of work and still not be free to begin with.

knc1105

I can look back and see where I got mine, their service was fantastic and I got it in a couple of days. They must have shipped it immediately. But can I post a link and not get in trouble, some sites don't allow that unless they are a sponser, and I'm new and don't know. Sure cured my fuel problems with filters and carb. I drive my M-38 everyday and I have not touched it since I put in that new tank last year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks