• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey Dilvoy, M887, still out there?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
George, did you ever get rid of the genset,welder from the M887? I might have a way to get it back to the east coast. What do you have FS?
Kenny

dilvoy

Hi Kenny, I still have the welder/generator. Someone else has asked about it and I have finally gotten around to sending him some fotos. I want to wait for him to get back to me, since he asked about it first, before I offer it to someone else.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: How about welder/genset on wheels?

Oooof. The common person probably couldn't afford that and its an EOD truck! Bet most didn't know but that truck is correctly referred to as a 6217. Anyway, I'm wondering how much one would ask for such a vehicle? If you know, please share keeping in mind that there's no way I could afford it.

Elwenil

RE: How about welder/genset on wheels?

Hmmm, I like it. Too bad I couldn't afford it. I wonder if it had a hard top originally. If I remember right the only pics of those I have seen had factory hard tops. Not much point in folding down the windshield on a truck with a tall utility body.

dilvoy

Is anyone looking for one or two of those Kaiser Jeep contact maint trucks? If so I know someone that had at least two of them a couple of years ago. They are located in central Ca. and although I diden't look at them too well, they looked rust free at a glance. He also has an old deuce that is painted in it's original semi gloss olive drab. OH and he also has an M37 with a 392 Hemi installed. He will not entertain low ball offers, but will sell his stuff.

Boatcarpenter

You are absolutely right 4X4. If the common person could afford it, that picture would have been taken in MY driveway, not the owners. If I recall correctly, the price is in the 3k and change range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks