• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC Spare Tire Carrier

WolfWalking

Who is up on all the different spare tire carrier part numbers? I know what the part number for the carrier of my WC 63 is, but have seen other carriers listed on ebay with different numbers, but saying they will fit. Before I would bid on something with an alternate number I would of course like to know where that item actually belongs and if it is correct for my truck. Anyone? I have the ORD 9 SNL G-507 for mine. What do the manuals for the 3/4 tons say?

Thunder in NWOR

re: 3/4 ton Dodge WC:
My ORD 9 SNL G-502, TM 9-808, 1 May 1945:
Part No. CC-576193 - BRACKET, spare wheel carrier support, w/STUD assembly (Weapon Carrier, Carryall and Command)

I do not find a part number without the Stud assembly.

Listing all three vehicle types following the part number indicates a commonality.

I bought one from John at Midwest Military a number of years ago....
hope this helps, Mark.

WolfWalking

Hense my confusion, John sells recastings of the part number of carrier from a 62/63. Yet there are others listed as you say common to the 3/4 tons, so whats the difference? if there is one. With the frame on the 1 1/2 tons extended, the angle for the carrier could be different for it to be perpendicular to the center line of the frame. I wouldn't be so concerned if other sources like Vintage Power Wagons didn't have carriers listed specifically for WD's, with no mention of WC's or the like. Thanks for the info, it does help. Wolf

Thunder in NWOR

The one I bought from John about 5 years ago or so-may be more-was what he said was one of his last NOS.
It has the markings (raised letters) CC 925324

The on on my Command Car is (no CC) 925639 - I'm about 90% sure that's right, trying to see it in the dark and around the frame (and through some dirt!!)

And - just as an aside - my 1/2 ton WC parts list shows: CC-576196 and 915122 (with out the CC)

I was told one time that the 3/4 to WC53 Carryall had a slight twist to it that the others don't have - but I don't have evidence to support that, nor am sure the teller was correct.....

Wolfen

I bought a Spare Tire Carrier for my 3/4 Ton WC53 Carrayall recently from John at Midwest. He told me, that the Carrier listyed for the 3/4 Ton was the Correct one for the WC53.:driver:

WolfWalking

Lots of good info, thanks. I know the one John sells is correct for my 63, as the numbers match from my G-507 manual. I guess I have been asking to help me be aware of the parts that come up on ebay etc, and if they are the right ones. I will stick to the part number I know CC 925324, and if nothing shows up from other sources, I buy one from John. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks