• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

grounding your goat

frenchman

did you ever check to see if your goat was properly grounded? mine was not!!! after replacing my transmition and before puting the dog house back on
one night i went to start the goat and to my big surprise when i pushed the start switch i got a 8 inch spark at the transmition linkage it was scary that big of a spark could almost weld something in the trany or maybe in the engine causing serious problem
after putting a grounding stap at the trany no more problem dont know if somebody ever encounter this problem this can only be seen in the dark with the dog house out, worth checking it out
frenchman

Sig229

Where is the location of ground source?

I wanted to know where is the ground source located so I can check GOAT.
A picture would be perfect beats a thousand. I will let you make that choice. I'm just glad you are sharing. [thumbzup]

Gamagoat1

Looking at the driver's side of the engine you will notice a plug that attaches the engine elect. to the vehicle system. One of those wires goes from the block , thru the connector, to the hull at the motor mount. This grounds the engine to the hull. There is also a wire from the Alt. case to the block. This grounds the neg. side of the elect. system to the block.
Seeing a spark like that is kind of like seeing a UFO, Who knows???
The engine is bolted to the trans which is connected to the transfer via a U-joint . The Trans is bolted solid to the hull. If the U-joint is missing, and all the ground wire is gone, maybe...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks