• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a little project im workin on

tonka tester

i don't know if ya guys want it on, you can delete it of move it if ya want, but it might have some suspension and axle tech that might be handy...5 ton axles, 2.5 airshift case, 5 ton suspension front and rear, 11" spring drop, 6" blocks, detroits.. and a lot of neat stuff

IMG_0039.jpg
anyone want to see more?

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Makes me want to find and rent/buy the movie "Rolling Vengeance". Lifted monster machine and a military bone yard that had a bunch of M135/211's in it.

tonka tester

i really miss the monster trucks of the 80s and early 90s, so me and the guys got together and started building one in the old way.... but some improvements of modern trucks are being applied. mainly in keeping the weight within reason. the wheels are 1/8" thick in the barrel part which should shave somewhere around 600 lbs off the truck copared to regular terra gator wheels. rear steering is also on the truck. i am not puting planetary ends on the axle, but improving the strength of the 5 tons instead. i am going to be trying some things on the springs to make the ride better too. the frame is a 85 chevy c60 box truck.
64f9e877.jpg
these are going on the custom wheels
388a21cf.jpg
these are for mud bogs...

Last edited:

tonka tester

i still can manage to post a picture right on this site :-?
well, its been awhile, but heres some progress pics... its now at another location.
in january, i will get it fully operational :beer: the transmission and transfer cases are out of military vehicles, as is the springs and axles

6.44 and 10.26 bull gear comparison shot

Flat Black

posting pics that are hosted elsewhere (like photobucket, imageshack, etc) should be as simple as copying the link into the thread and putting
after it, so your links will look like this:

that works on almost every forum unless the mods or something in the page scripts does not allow you to post outside images that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks