• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this bracket?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was asked to get information on this bracket. The owner thought it was a WWII water can bracket but all the water cans I can locate were the normal "jerry can" style but with a "W" instead of a "G" stamped in them. Could this have been to hold one of the collapsable water buckets?

Attachments

JGBallew

It is for a water can, just not the 5 gallon "jerry" style cans.

The guesses regarding it being for an "Igloo" are very close. Imagine the same type of water cooler, but being made of galvanized steel instead of orange plastic. I've seen pictures of them used with telephone line trucks and similar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks