• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543A2 doin a little work

Armada

Cool pics. It's great to use the trucks for actual work. How can the wive's complain about them sitting in the yard? It's a tool, not a toy. :)

M1075

Hey Rizzo, it looks like you are running Goodyear AT-2A 16.00R20 tires on the front and Michelin XZL 16.00R20 tires on the back. Is that correct? How are the 16s working out? With the taller tires, do you still have enough reach with the outriggers?

rizzo

M1075 said:
Hey Rizzo, it looks like you are running Goodyear AT-2A 16.00R20 tires on the front and Michelin XZL 16.00R20 tires on the back. Is that correct? How are the 16s working out? With the taller tires, do you still have enough reach with the outriggers?
I havn't used the outriggers yet, but I have some blocks. I know I'm gonna need em.

the 16's work good. I was wondering if the multi would pull it or not. I towed my deuce with no body on the back and it pulled it fine.

rizzo

jasonjc said:
Looks like you need the other wrecker that has the 5 wheel plate :D
I saw a cic one last month. pretty sweet. I am getting a angle iron adaptor made for my towbar. The tow bar will hook up backwards and the angle will hook to the ring. then the angle will go under the edge of the semi trailer or truck fram or bumper. Chains will be hooked to the fram and run around the angle to the hook. the weight of the vehicle on the chains will hold the angle in place at the vehicle. this will stop the front to back swaying movement. The tow guys used to do this before semi under reach/hook setups.

sod-buster

it's called a drawbar. in the 50's they used what was called a suiside bar, it had a pivit at each end and that made it inposable too backup and the truck beeing towed wood sway from side too side wile going down the road

OSO

I like your pics did the guy said you did all that damage to the front of the trailer where all the rust was where the trailer sides meet the metal for the fifth wheel pin is mounted on. When you move another trailer maybe slide a piece of 3/4" plywood where the block rides on the trailer . I have done move for people and some times they just complain about damage to there stuff aua

rizzo

it got dented where the block was.
that was my plan to put the plywood in there, but can't remember why we didn't.
"customer" was my friend. did it for free.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks