PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

shenkmen
02-24-2011, 12:19
The Event was a success. Pics and vids start on page 12 - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/northeast-us-rally-pa/65749-spring-2011-rausch-creek-mv-rally-12.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the official sign up thread for the Spring 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally.

The event will take place on Friday 4/1, Saturday 4/2 and Sunday 4/3 at Rausch Creek Offroad park in Tremont, PA.

Rausch Creek offers the following...

On site primitive camping.
1,700 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails.
Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.

Rausch Creek's website has allot of info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park (http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/)

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance. Download them from here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park (http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/mem.php)

What you can expect...

Check out the previous threads on the past rallies at Rausch Creek here - Northeast US Rally in PA - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/northeast-us-rally-pa/)

What you need to do...

Get your vehicle ready. C'mon, don't miss this!
Parts swapping and sales. Bring your parts and cash.
Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...

The MV or MVs you are bringing.
Date of arrival.
State if you are camping and the number of people in your group. This info is needed to make a reservation.

Let us know how you can help. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...

A Generator.
Firewood.
Trail scouting prior to the event.
Early arrivals to reserve space on Friday.
What else???

I'll update this post with the current attendee list and info.

-----------
2.28.11 - The attendee list is attached. 10 have signed up so far. Tell a friend!
-----------
3.1.11 - Updated the attendee list and added information regarding forms above.
-----------
3.5.11 - Added Rausch Creek Trail Maps
-----------
3.15.11 - added Parts swapping and sales mention to the first post.
-----------
3.16.11 - updated attendee list
-----------
3.21.11 - updated attendee list
-----------
3.28.11 - updated attendee list
-----------
3.31.11 - updated attendee list
-----------

shenkmen
02-24-2011, 12:19
I'm in. Coming from Lancaster and will arrive on Saturday 4/2. I'm camping and bringing a total of three people in my group.

Who wants to take point on Friday?

powerhouseduece
02-24-2011, 18:19
I will be in with the m818 and the trailer as usual. It will be me ant the old lady. We shold be arriving thursday night or early friday am. I will have the grill and the honda genset.

kastein
02-25-2011, 19:55
Hoping to make it but not sure I can. If I do, I'll get there ultra late Friday. Might end up driving one of the little jeeps, or drive the M54, or drive the M54 with one of the little jeeps in the back.

daddy2
02-26-2011, 00:20
Count my clan in. We'll be there early Saturday morning. Can't stay over night. Might sound crazy but if you guys think it might come in handy, I could bring out the Miller 250 bobcat welder/generator. Thought it might come in handy for emergency repairs. Just let me know. We'll have about 10 in my group and one M36a2.[thumbzup]

spicergear
02-26-2011, 09:48
I should be able to make it in the 406. Still working on if it will be two days or not. Saturday for sure.

PaFarmer
02-26-2011, 22:14
Count me in.

MAXM37
02-27-2011, 12:11
I'm in, bringing M37
Sat morning to Sunday, looking forward to it again

vinnies10
02-27-2011, 23:30
Im in.Bringing the m35a2 . Be there first thing sat morning till Sunday. What should i bring?

kassim503
02-28-2011, 02:17
Count me in! Ill be there sometime during the weekend

powerhouseduece
02-28-2011, 11:16
Im in. Be there first thing sat morning. What should i bring?

Every thing you think you'll need to survive the weekend. It is primitive camping, no electric or water so bring plenty. Past 5 trips I have brought a Honda es300 genset. It's quiet enough to run next to the trailer and hardly hear it and powerful enough to run the block heater on my truck and a dozen cellphone chargers.

Bring all the food you think you'll need, as well as your own booze. Once the trail ride is complete for the day, it is automatically beer:30!!

So far, the plan is for the ball&chain and I to leave at 3am Friday morning to beat traffic and also get some wheel time in during the day. Anyone plan on being there Thursday night to get our spots? Any preference on camp site location?

maddawg308
02-28-2011, 11:22
I'm in - not sure whether my truck will be there or not. Arriving Friday late morning, stay until Sunday morning.

03silverado
02-28-2011, 13:32
Me and the wifey will be there probably leaving thursday after work bringing the M813A1 W/W and the M105A2

shenkmen
02-28-2011, 13:59
The attendee list has been uploaded on the first post. Spread the word.

Daddy2, I think the welder could be a great help if needed so i put you down for it.

vinnies10
02-28-2011, 23:18
What is the price per day

shenkmen
02-28-2011, 23:25
What is the price per day

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/mem.php

vinnies10
02-28-2011, 23:35
well then i will be up sometime Friday. How are the campsites Is there room for trailers?

shenkmen
02-28-2011, 23:48
How are the campsites Is there room for trailers?

Rausch Creek Off Road Park (http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/faqs.php)

Hey vinnie, got the hang of this internet thing yet? :)

vinnies10
03-01-2011, 00:20
Rausch Creek Off Road Park (http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/faqs.php)

Hey vinnie, got the hang of this internet thing yet? :)

Its my first time sorry using the internet

Tlauden
03-01-2011, 00:50
Man, wish I could go, I really gotta get me a deuce, maybe next year, ya'll have fun and stay safe on them trails

powerhouseduece
03-01-2011, 08:29
Man, wish I could go, I really gotta get me a deuce, maybe next year, ya'll have fun and stay safe on them trails

not us you have to worry about.. ;-)

PaFarmer
03-01-2011, 08:44
Vinny

There is a plenty of room in the parking lot for trailers. There is limited space in the woods for tents.

I may come up after work on Friday or early Saturday into Sunday.

maddawg308
03-01-2011, 08:48
Please update the spreadsheet - there will only be one in my party, and yes I'll be camping.

shenkmen
03-01-2011, 09:23
Updated the attendee list and added the following information regarding forms to the first post in this thread.

----------

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance. Download them from here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park (http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/mem.php)

shenkmen
03-05-2011, 13:45
Added Rausch Creek Trail Maps to the first post.

hdmax
03-06-2011, 20:49
I am new here, and would like to attend this meet, but at this time am not sure if my truck will be ready.

I have an 1970 M35A2 4X4 with 9' bed and 11.00x20" tires on stock split rim wheels.
I need to finish wiring and replacing lights, replace a rear bearing seal along with a few other things.

If I can make it, I will be bringing my 12 y/o son. And would be arriving on Friday with travel trailer in tow behind the M35, and staying until Sunday.
The truck has not been tested much as it has been undergoing substantial work on the chassis and an 10,000 LB winch was added, along with custom rear bumper, and custom made trailer reciever hitch.

daddy2
03-09-2011, 21:13
What time do you expect to get things rolling on Saturday Morning. We don't want to miss some of the fun, and where will we be staging at? The place looks quite big and I thought it might be a good idea to know where the meeting point is. Maybe exchange a few cell numbers. We will have cell number 484-542-2102

shenkmen
03-09-2011, 21:40
What time do you expect to get things rolling on Saturday Morning. We don't want to miss some of the fun, and where will we be staging at? The place looks quite big and I thought it might be a good idea to know where the meeting point is. Maybe exchange a few cell numbers. We will have cell number 484-542-2102

I plan on getting there about 9:30 and will hit the trails at 10 am. Meeting point will be in the parking lot. Best thing to do is print and fill out the Rausch Creek forms ahead of time so we can get rolling smoothly. The forms are linked on the first post

Coal Cracker
03-10-2011, 00:31
I may or may not be able to be there, but I'm here for help if anybody needs it along the way, I have safe storage on my land and tools/towbar.

I'm off of the RT.309 exit to Mcadoo on Rt. 81 about 45 min. north of Rausch Creek 610-972-2434

I think I'm working that weekend again, so I'll do my best to answer.

blasterheath
03-10-2011, 10:13
I want to come but am not sure yet. If anyone is in need of anything along the way let me know. I am off I-84 close to MT cobb exit 8
Call me if you need anything 5 7 0 2 4 1 5 4 1 6.

shenkmen
03-15-2011, 11:31
Added parts swapping and sales mention to the first post.

Anybody else coming? Do we have any "maybe" to "yes" converts?

blasterheath, thanks for the offer of help!

musclecars664
03-15-2011, 12:00
as of right now im in. i haven't officially got off work yet. but im not going in either way.lol. i will be bringing my m1028 and my brother will be coming with an 02 jeep.

maddawg308
03-15-2011, 12:11
I can bring any of the following if anyone wants to use it:

cooler
coffee maker
blender

kassim503
03-16-2011, 00:45
Me and my crew (1-2 passengers) will be arriving Saturday 9A with the 1009 and should be camping out overnight

shenkmen
03-16-2011, 11:27
Updated the attendee list on the first post of this thread.

Wildchild467
03-16-2011, 12:30
I would like to come down, so its a "maybe" for me. I would like to get some work done on my M35A2 before i go though. I never packed my wheel bearings and am thinking it might be a good idea to do. i never had it in water, but it would make me feel better if i had the bearings packed. So this friday and saturday is work on the deuce day and we'll see how far i get with all the things i want to get done. it sounds like a blast and i'd love to meet you guys! I would bring something to help out the group like one guy here is bringing a genset, but i really dont have anything to bring.... i just have a deuce. i could bring some recovery gear even though im sure there will be plenty of that there. my tires arnt the best, so hope there isnt too much mud :neutral:

vinnies10
03-16-2011, 23:04
Change of plans ill be there on Friday morning with a co pilot camping all weekend. Oh and im bringing my m35a2

musclecars664
03-18-2011, 22:53
ok, so if all goes goes well i should be arriving on Saturday morning....say maybe 9-9:30

03silverado
03-20-2011, 10:21
Due to my water line from my well to my house deciding to bust last week it burned up my well pump so after 900 bones a new pump and replacing the busted line im not able to come plus truck isn't ready so y'all have fun try not to break anything expensive.:grd:

Wildchild467
03-20-2011, 11:45
ugh. bummer man. sorry to hear it. hope to get my truck ready soon. its getting there slowly but surely!

my status on comming has gone from "maybe" to "definately comming":)

shenkmen
03-21-2011, 16:33
Updated the attendee list on the first post.

Silverado, sorry to hear about that.

Wildchild467, bring your recovery gear. It can't hurt. When are you coming?

Wildchild467
03-21-2011, 17:41
Thanks Shenkmen. I plan on leaving binghamton early in the morning, around 0400 hours... hope to get down there around 9. my time estimates are off just because im not used to road triping in the deuce! haha! I plan on camping friday night then possibly leaving saturday evening but im not sure. could i say i might camp saturday night also? I will be bringing one other person with me i think. Ill try to think of more things i could bring to help out the group but right now all i have is recovery gear (no tow bar).

Is anybody else going through Binghamton, NY friday morning? I would be willing to convoy with somebody if i could. Time is flexible.

I know we are having a swap meet.... does anybody have new steering box bushings? i am in the market for those. I called Memphis and they have them, but i thought if somebody has some, ill just pick them up there. Also a double rifle rack for the cab would be nice.

I cant wait for the trip, im getting excited! :smile:

PaFarmer
03-21-2011, 21:29
I am coming up in my Cherokee on Saturday. I am working on bringing the wife and kids, maybe just a kid or two.

The Blue Mt. Jeep Alliance is having a trail ride that day and a swap meet, in case you have jeep parts to sell or you are looking for parts.

RC is having a beginner guided trail ride that day as well, but I do not know of much else going on at the park that weekend.

I'd like to give the Cherokee a rattle can camo paint job if I get the time.

kassim503
03-22-2011, 13:17
Wildchild- I am leaving from binghamton early saturday morning and returning sometime sunday if you wanna convoy.

Wildchild467
03-22-2011, 13:48
Kassim- i appricate that but i have friday off, so im going to head down then. maybe if i stay over saturday night we can convoy back! if you had a towbar, i could towbar you back and save ya some fuel! [thumbzup]

kassim503
03-22-2011, 15:12
Thank you for the offer! But I already got the 1009 being towed behind my civvy suburban, dont want her to break down before I get there LOL

Looking foward to doing some wheeling Saturday!

Btw Wildchild- Do you know who had their deuce in the parade day parade?

Wildchild467
03-22-2011, 16:54
saint patricks day parade? that was me [thumbzup]

Wildchild467
03-22-2011, 16:56
does anybody have some good Jerry cans they want to bring to rousch creek? how much are they going for these days? 20 years ago i probably could have gotten great deals on them.... but i was just out of diapers then.:roll: I have 3 good cans now, 2 good shape, one is MINT. i'd like to have a few more in my arsenal if they were a fair price.

kassim503
03-22-2011, 19:57
Thats a nice lookin deuce 8-)

needhotrod
03-23-2011, 09:11
ill be in heading up from hanover pa leaving friday morning or night be up till sunday should be draging some fire wood up with me and the camper

maddawg308
03-24-2011, 14:21
I'll be riding up in a civvy vehicle, and riding with someone else there. I can't afford the time to ready the deuce for the trip, and I can't afford the fuel for the deuce for the trip either. But I can't miss this event, to get back out on the trail. SO, someone leave the shotgun side of the cab open, please.

daddy2
03-24-2011, 17:40
Maddawg, I've got plenty of room in the M36. I have troop seats, but shot gun goes to the kids. Not even the old lady gets that close to me. Wildchild- I have two jerry cans I bougth from Northern tool and equipment. Not for sale, but I could put some diesel in them if need be. I coated the inside with gas tank coating for motor cycles so no rust. I cost was well worth it.

maddawg308
03-25-2011, 06:17
Anyone near Rochester, NY going to this event? I have some parts that have to go up to a gent near there, any help is appreciated.

Wildchild467
03-25-2011, 14:54
Anyone near Rochester, NY going to this event? I have some parts that have to go up to a gent near there, any help is appreciated.

Im comming from Binghamton NY, so i could take something that far if you'd like. how big are the parts?

maddawg308
03-25-2011, 15:08
Two doors, a fuel tank and a wheel rim. I'm not sure if Binghamton is far enough, will have to get back to you on that.

maddawg308
03-27-2011, 08:30
Five days to go, guys. Getting excited about being out on the trails again....

camogriz
03-27-2011, 11:23
I'll be arriving around noon on Friday. I am driving my M1009 and will be solo. May or may not stay until Saturday. Looking forward to the event. Finally had warm enough weather to replace my transmission and be done in time.

Wildchild467
03-27-2011, 11:52
its not that warm out there today, i still have to swap tires from my M109 to the back of the M35. My tires on the M35 are pretty tired. We had those couple warm days and now it got cold again, so it feels real cold out there now. i have to get motivated to do it... ugh! plus im getting sick i think. dont mean to sound whiny, but good thing im getting sick now, ill be over it in just a little while, just in time for RC :grin: ok, here i go, bundling up and heading out to change tires!

shenkmen
03-28-2011, 09:03
Updated the attendee list on the first post.

I plan on camping friday night then possibly leaving saturday evening but im not sure. could i say i might camp saturday night also?

No problem. We don't have a reservation and can add or remove campers at will. It's just to have an estimate for the folks who run Rausch Creek.

shenkmen
03-28-2011, 09:05
Don't forget to print and fill out your Rausch Creek paper work - Rausch Creek Off Road Park (http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/mem.php)

kastein
03-28-2011, 10:55
Not looking like I'm going to have the time *or* the money to attend :(

You guys have fun out there... I'll hopefully make the octoberfest event if it happens again, last time it coincided with my Jeep XJ/MJ club's octoberfest event but I was in Colorado on business. Like five of the guys sent me cellphone pics of all the deuces going by and told me I should be there.

needhotrod
03-28-2011, 18:38
well looks like i am going to ride up thursday night instead of friday and i thing im going to hava a couple of people with me um at least 3 could be up to 8 showed some pictures and videos of last year and now the group is growing

vinnies10
03-28-2011, 22:10
I may not attend unless i get a radiator by wed. Lets keep our fingers crossed i find one

spicergear
03-29-2011, 08:18
The weather is looking a little...merky. Not that they ever get it right 3 or 4 days out...

powerhouseduece
03-29-2011, 08:26
Yea, I was looking at that too. As long as most of the poor weather is going on at night I think we'll be alright. Too bad my gp med. is MIA or we could have a party tent. Anyone have a large tent we could use as a group hang out? I have a quiet genset and a light kit bright enough to light the whole park. Any ideas?

shenkmen
03-29-2011, 10:31
Yea, I was looking at that too. As long as most of the poor weather is going on at night I think we'll be alright. Too bad my gp med. is MIA or we could have a party tent. Anyone have a large tent we could use as a group hang out? I have a quiet genset and a light kit bright enough to light the whole park. Any ideas?

Right now there is just a chance of precipitation. I'm going no matter what the weather is.

That tent would be sweet. Oh well. How about large tarps strung between deuces? Anybody have a large tarp or two to bring? Or a GP medium tent as powerhouse mentioned?

Wildchild467
03-29-2011, 10:37
i dont think i have a tarp that big, but ill definately voulenteer the deuce to help anybody out. Dad and I just plan on sleeping on the troop seats or cots. Soon as the sun hits the cargo cover on the deuce it warms up pretty good in there.

powerhouseduece
03-29-2011, 10:51
We'll figure it out. I'm going rain or shine. Might stop at the white trash holy land (Walmart) and get something.

I have been looking for a complete modular tent for a while now, they are a lot easier to set up then a gp small.

paulfarber
03-29-2011, 11:54
I'll be there. I can show up Friday if needed.. I only live 20 miles away.

Its just me and my hound.. maybe GF if I can talk her into it.

I don't like to do things before noon, though.

Wildchild467
03-29-2011, 12:41
Word is traveling around work here that we are supposed to get a snow storm here friday (the morning i am leaving for RC). Man, i hope we dont get it and it turns out to be rain. could make for a good story if it turned out to be a bad snow storm and have to throw it in 6 wheel drive to get down there! I wonder how traveling through the pocono mountains is going to be.... have to find out!

powerhouseduece
03-29-2011, 12:43
Word is traveling around work here that we are supposed to get a snow storm here friday (the morning i am leaving for RC). Man, i hope we dont get it and it turns out to be rain. could make for a good story if it turned out to be a bad snow storm and have to throw it in 6 wheel drive to get down there! I wonder how traveling through the pocono mountains is going to be.... have to find out!

Ah.. you'll live! You get to go 4wheeling before you get to go 4wheeling!!! Nothing wrong with that!

powerhouseduece
03-29-2011, 12:55
Also I had a idea. I have been on the past 5 RC trips, and have learned a few things. When there are a lot of trucks on the trail, progress is really slow. Last year we had over a dozen trucks in one convoy and we would have to stop and wait for the pack to catch up. I think Friday we could do a large group ride, then Saturday break off into 2 smaller groups and tackle 2 different parts of the trails. One group for the easier trails for those that like to take it easy and another group for people that are not afraid to *test* the limits of their trucks. This is only a idea.

Next idea, we always come back to camp for lunch and head back out after. This cuts into the trail time because its a 30min trek back to camp. There are a few large areas where you can pull off and have a picnic. It's up to you guys.

WARWAG
03-29-2011, 13:08
Im in.Bringing the m35a2 . Be there first thing sat morning till Sunday. What should i bring?

You should bring that gal in your avatar!

Wildchild467
03-29-2011, 13:28
sounds like a plan. maybe ill throw in the tire chains just incase! Im bringing 55gal of WMO in the back of the truck for extra fuel on the trip to offset the cost of diesel. haha!

daddy2
03-29-2011, 14:28
Quick question. I checked the rules and regs on the web site and it says all passengers must have seat belts. Can people ride in the bed if we have troop seats? I called to ask but no answer, I left a message and haven't heard back yet.

MAXM37
03-29-2011, 14:32
For what it's worth, My M37 doesn't have seatbelts and I've never had a problem getting in.
Speaking of, I won't be able to bring it this time so I'm riding up in the M35 with Shenkmen

vinnies10
03-29-2011, 16:08
My truck went down hopefully I get my radiator back by friday. May be there sat

daddy2
03-29-2011, 16:28
BAD NEWS GUYS!!! I just talked to Bruce somebody and he informed me that under no circumstances are people allowed to ride in the back of the deuces without seat belts. Their insurance wouldn't allow it. Parking lot trip might be ok, but not the trails. Can't fit everyone in the cab, so I guess I have to back out. Sorry

paulfarber
03-29-2011, 18:42
BAD NEWS GUYS!!! I just talked to Bruce somebody and he informed me that under no circumstances are people allowed to ride in the back of the deuces without seat belts. Their insurance wouldn't allow it. Parking lot trip might be ok, but not the trails. Can't fit everyone in the cab, so I guess I have to back out. Sorry

Duct tape :)

camogriz
03-29-2011, 19:15
I just checked the weather for Friday. It said snow showers. Does everyone who is going on Friday still intend to go?

powerhouseduece
03-29-2011, 20:57
I just checked the weather for Friday. It said snow showers. Does everyone who is going on Friday still intend to go?

**** yea!!! You trailer your truck everywhere? ;-)

PaFarmer
03-29-2011, 21:42
Coming up Saturday early. The wife and kids are coming along so I am running my Cherokee.

I have seen folks riding in the back of trucks on trails and it seems a good way to get someone hurt. The trucks bounce around a lot on the trails. No way would I carry passengers in the back.

Matt, are you bring up that tow bar from you Dad?

kassim503
03-29-2011, 23:38
Getting EXCITED!:-D:-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKcPIq_n2Tg

camogriz
03-30-2011, 00:49
Just making sure someone else will be there. You can't go on the trails alone. By the way, no, I don't trailer it everywhere. Ha ha ha.

powerhouseduece
03-30-2011, 07:27
Matt, are you bring up that tow bar from you Dad?

My dad is coming up Saturday and he will have it.

Wildchild467
03-30-2011, 09:03
well i got one more thing done on my deuce last night. i had a shimmy in the steering wheel at around 45mph and was almost sure it was just because my steering box bushing was bad. it has some play in it and just needs new bushings. well anyway, i read posts on here with some guys saying it could be a tire out of balance, so i swapped front tires from my M109 over to my M35 and the problem went away! still have a very little play in the box, but its not bad or dangerous at all... that'll make the trip a lot better and it wont drive my nuts all the way down! sometimes its the little things that make a trip so much better! now lets see if i can find a blower motor resistor and ill be all set!:driver:

powerhouseduece
03-30-2011, 09:20
it wont drive my nuts all the way down! sometimes its the little things

Yea.. this tends to happen. Ask doghead for help Bwahaha

atankersdad
03-31-2011, 07:45
If it rains I will not be coming up. I have to get the tow bar to Matt, just in case...His 818 may not be able to take the extra wieght with those big tires and the 10 cases of adult drinks...

shenkmen
03-31-2011, 10:41
3.31.11 - updated attendee list.

Get your LO's out kids. The clock is ticking.

vinnies10
03-31-2011, 10:44
Im getting the radiator fix should have it back tom. Im hoping to get up there sat morning

shenkmen
03-31-2011, 11:14
That's good news Vinnie.

I'll bring a large double burner propane grill if we need it for Saturday night chow.

Any other reports?

shenkmen
03-31-2011, 11:27
I just confirmed our camping reservation with Lynn at Rausch Creek. We're good to go. She explained they just got done cleaning and straightening up the camping area. She asked that we don't alter the fire rings or move the tables.

Rausch Creek form downloads - Rausch Creek Off Road Park (http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/mem.php)

Get those vehicles ready.

Wildchild467
03-31-2011, 11:43
my dad was talking about bringing a small propane grill to cook on also. something to cook up dogs and burgers. I think my truck is pretty much ready. Just have to start loading it up tonight!

shenkmen
03-31-2011, 11:47
my dad was talking about bringing a small propane grill to cook on also. something to cook up dogs and burgers.

His grill will probably work better. My grill requires pans or griddles. I have both. Hopefully we can just do it over a fire. I have a cooking grate for a fire which I will bring as well.

powerhouseduece
03-31-2011, 11:53
Don't forget the grills and your own food. Also, to the first ones there, please hold a bog enough spot 10 trucks. Also, please don't get the spot right by the entrance. Keep in mind, people come and go at all hours and the loud add trailer bouncing around make for a sleepless night, even after blocking out!

shenkmen
03-31-2011, 12:20
Don't forget the grills and your own food. Also, to the first ones there, please hold a bog enough spot 10 trucks. Also, please don't get the spot right by the entrance. Keep in mind, people come and go at all hours and the loud add trailer bouncing around make for a sleepless night, even after blocking out!

Nice call powerhouse. Who expects to get there first and snag the good spot away from the entrance?

vinnies10
03-31-2011, 12:45
I do have to thank a member here for helping me twice from a flat tire to a radiator. Thank you m816 (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/m816.html) aka vinny for all the help

USAWEAPON777
03-31-2011, 13:36
Hey guys me and my friends are going to try and head down saturday morning in my m1008. What time should we be there by to avoid being left behind like before?

maddawg308
03-31-2011, 13:59
Make sure you're there NLT 0900, that will make sure we're still too hung over to wheel.

Wildchild467
03-31-2011, 15:50
Im just keeping an eye on the weather. not sure what its going to do. i know an "empty" deuce is sketchy to drive in the snow when its not locked in 6 wheel. i did a one-eighty with it at a stop sign this winter just messing around. i had lots of room, but it was an eye opener. Being a winch truck it had a lot of weight on the front 2 tires, and not much in the back 8. just be careful tomorrow guys if we get snow.

Is anybody else having problems getting on the Rouch Creek Website? i need to print off the membership form and i cant get on the website. is this something i can fill out when i get there or does it need to be done before? Thanks!

powerhouseduece
03-31-2011, 16:33
You can just fill one out when you get there, you don't have to fill it out now.

I'll be heading out tomorrow at 0300 and should be there before 0700.

maddawg308
03-31-2011, 18:44
My schedule has changed a bit due to the need to work a little in the morning here. Since $$$ is tight almost down to the point of counting individual dollars, I will need to postpone my trip to RC until Friday evening through Sunday morning. I have to get out into the sticks to clear my mind a little due to all the recent developments in my personal life, so despite the lack of funds, I am a 100% go for this trip, I just have to shave off a day.

See you all Friday evening.

Tlauden
03-31-2011, 21:10
Have fun everyone, and take plenty of pics[thumbzup]

shenkmen
03-31-2011, 21:33
MAXM37 and myself should be there about 9am on Saturday.

needhotrod
04-01-2011, 02:22
well matt im up here think im the first same spot as normal

powerhouseduece
04-01-2011, 02:49
Sweet! Me and Kelly are leaving now

atankersdad
04-01-2011, 07:25
Just spoke with Matt 2 hours ago to see how much snow they hit. I had 2" on my car when I went out at 5am. They hit a blinding blizzaerd near York but were back in the rain. I am heading up in the morning.

PaFarmer
04-01-2011, 08:01
I am about 25 miles from Rausch Creek. We got very little snow. I'd call it a dusting if it were not so wet. They are calling for it to get to the mid-40s, so it will be melted off in no time.

shenkmen
04-01-2011, 08:19
Mmmm... mud.

powerhouseduece
04-01-2011, 08:23
It's snowing its ass off here. Got about 3" of fresh powder.

Wildchild467
04-01-2011, 08:37
im getting a late start guys, ill be leaving here about 0900. Had a little hiccup in my used oil filtering system in the shop. but we're back online and just packing the truck now. i cant wait!!:driver:

powerhouseduece
04-01-2011, 16:50
Had a good day, now time for food and brews

vinnies10
04-01-2011, 17:41
How's the weather? I should be up in the am. What time u guys going to start hitting the trails

needhotrod
04-01-2011, 18:14
um it snowed last night and this morning and rained a little in the afternoon but now its not doing much so if anyone has not left yet bring your rain gear

atankersdad
04-01-2011, 19:03
Packed up and leaving here at 0530. Should roll in @ 0800.

needhotrod
04-01-2011, 23:04
I'll be expecting you. I'll leave a pancake on the burner

powerhouseduece
04-02-2011, 09:49
Right now the weather is awesome and we are ready to hit the trails.

Tlauden
04-02-2011, 09:55
HAVE FUN:driver::driver:

Wish i wasnt busy today or i woulda came up to meet everyone and do a little muddin:-D
oh well, always next year

and you folks better be taking alot of pics:jumpin:

atankersdad
04-02-2011, 17:05
I rode the trails with the crew and just got in. Haqd dinner plans I could not miss but before i leave here I will post some pictures from today.Great day and I am impressed with my son's 818. All I can say is we had a blast. they are out there now making a second run at it.

powerhouseduece
04-02-2011, 19:52
Another sneak peak

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=WZQm7EuTf1g

atankersdad
04-03-2011, 07:58
More pics, I hope no repeats, but repeats are better than no pics..

atankersdad
04-03-2011, 12:28
I have no more pictures but did have a story or 2. One hour before we headed to the trails, a Hummer club came through. There was at least 80-90 H2s and H3s and these were new trucks. No H1's. One the back end of the trail, near the powerlines we ran into their group parked in a clearing and chowing down. We were coming up the hill to them. First one ran to get their camera and them most were filming our convoy . The were all shooking pics of Matss 818 on 1600's. One guy told me they had never seen a tractor back this far or one this big.They did get a kick out of seeing a convoy of ex-military trucks and all were older than 86. Now it looks like this H2 crew never took the ruts and the deep water pits. In fact their trucks looked pretty clean. That is a lot of money spent to play army!!!Not one had a decodeme hummer, I wish we could of has his hummer there as well.

powerhouseduece
04-03-2011, 15:32
We just pulled up to the house, had a smooth ride home. Had a blast, there was m1008's, deuces, a Unimog, my truck and every thing inbetween! I'll try and get some pics up tonight.

maddawg308
04-03-2011, 20:13
Got back at 12:30, smooth 3 hour drive and sunshine all the way back. I'll tell ya, for those who don't camp anywhere, a hot shower is heaven on Earth after 2 days in the dirt.

Once again had a great time, it amazes me the fantastic Steel Soldiers I meet at these rallies, these are some of the best friends I have ever had, and some others who come to the rallies have agreed with me on that point. Rausch Creek will be a favorite in my book for a LONG time.

The weather was pretty good the whole time, though it was cold once the sun went down. The trails had mud but not too much, PLENTY of rocks as usual. Only two casualties I think were Jason's fuel tank got high centered on a rock, and Kassim's CUCV had multiple problems, ending with it leaking/burning more oil than diesel, and that's NOT an understatement. One of the crew also got some water into his intake, but he got that fixed before the show ended.

Here's some pics of the mayhem. Enjoy...and will look forward to driving an MV next time in the fall.

maddawg308
04-03-2011, 20:14
Some more....

maddawg308
04-03-2011, 20:15
Last one...

USAWEAPON777
04-03-2011, 20:28
Yeah we had a great time. I am definitely looking forward to the fall rally. Everyone there was friendly and we had a great time hanging out, checking each others rigs, and of course doing some wheeling! :driver: I'll try to scrounge up whatever pics we took.

doosedoose
04-03-2011, 21:07
more pics

doosedoose
04-03-2011, 21:09
a few more. We had a great time. thanks for the ride along

5.0fox
04-03-2011, 21:38
We had a great time. Can't wait for the next one! In the pics just posted you can see Kassim's CUCV having some heat issues here's why:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfVpsfto8BY

Here is some clips of what we got while riding with the group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9AtjU3JlUM

needhotrod
04-03-2011, 22:44
:mad:well made it home at about 10 but we had some brake issues and i got gear oil coming out the bell housing so im not going to be to happy to take a look tomorrow here we go. But i did make it though that pit

Wildchild467
04-03-2011, 23:29
i made it home ok, also. no problems at all. i have a bunch of pictures that i will upload tomorrow at work. my computer here is slooowww. got some good videos and such! I had a great time meeting everybody and really liked riding through the trails! this fall ill probably have a 105 trailer, so i dont have to worry as much with cargo cover. makes life a lot easier! im was really impressed with how my truck did the with trails. only a very very few times (maybe 4 times) did i ever lock in the front axle. sooo much fun!:-D

5.0fox
04-04-2011, 01:12
another vid of us playing on the rock course before the photo.

Didn't realize until after I edited the video, but check out my disappearing act at ~ 7:35 :lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2Y9d_IkaE

atankersdad
04-04-2011, 04:44
Great video Fox.... Nice meeting you guys.

shenkmen
04-04-2011, 09:48
Good times everyone. Great to meet you all. I loved Jason's 2nd mud pit pass. That deuce looked stuck but at least 14 times but persistence won. Does anybody have video of this?

Spicergear's Unimog was sweet. Now I need a place to park one of those.

Thanks to Powerhouse for leading the pack.

Keep those pics and videos coming!

Thanks to all.

No.2Diesel
04-04-2011, 10:01
Hi,

It looks like another great time. [thumbzup] Nice Pics and vid. Wish I was there. See you guys in Oct. I've said it before but that headache rack and rear winch on your 818 looks great Matt! Looks factory.

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 12:24
Good times everyone. Great to meet you all. I loved Jason's 2nd mud pit pass. That deuce looked stuck but at least 14 times but persistence won. Does anybody have video of this?

Spicergear's Unimog was sweet. Now I need a place to park one of those.

Thanks to Powerhouse for leading the pack.

Keep those pics and videos coming!

Thanks to all.

I think my dad does, i have to figure out how to get them posted. maybe after hours at work here ill spend some time getting videos loaded on youtube, and then somehow i link it to SS? ill get the pictures up for now... im on my lunch break :grin:

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 12:30
here are some pics...8)

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 12:37
and more....

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 12:42
... and more

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 12:47
... and more pics

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 12:51
and the last of them..... so when are we going again?? hahaha!

powerhouseduece
04-04-2011, 13:10
Hi,

It looks like another great time. [thumbzup] Nice Pics and vid. Wish I was there. See you guys in Oct. I've said it before but that headache rack and rear winch on your 818 looks great Matt! Looks factory.

Thanks, now I just have to get spicergear to show me how to hook it up!! That mog he had was a little monster! Had a pro winch off a 5t mounted on the rear and another that he can pin on the front.

Now, the bobbing will begin!!!! :twisted:

Marlboro
04-04-2011, 13:27
Powerhouse, Did you own the 5ton tractor with the stacks? If so what happened to it? Also how'd the deuce with the t831 firestones do compared to the other deuces with ndt's? great pics fella's!!

maddawg308
04-04-2011, 13:32
No, that 5-ton with the dual custom stacks was owned by MidnightDuramax, and he didn't come this time. He was at April 2010 rally, at MTA2010, and Aberdeen 2010 as well. That was the last time I saw that truck.

kassim503
04-04-2011, 14:58
Made it back around 1500 yesterday, uneventful trip back (the best kinds). Had a blast this weekend, cant wait for the fall one! Great job with all of the photos & videos, and a special shoutout to wildchild, 5.0 fox, pafarmer, and everybody else who gave me a hand when the 1009 threw a hissy fit [thumbzup] we'll have her back rippin and tearin in no time :-D

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 15:37
Thanks, now I just have to get spicergear to show me how to hook it up!! That mog he had was a little monster! Had a pro winch off a 5t mounted on the rear and another that he can pin on the front.

Now, the bobbing will begin!!!! :twisted:

Need some Jakes on it too... i love jake brakes!!:drool:

musclecars664
04-04-2011, 15:48
I had an awesome time. i cant think of anything more enjoyable then wheelin with a bunch of other army trucks. cant wait till the next one.

powerhouseduece
04-04-2011, 16:17
Powerhouse, Did you own the 5ton tractor with the stacks? If so what happened to it? Also how'd the deuce with the t831 firestones do compared to the other deuces with ndt's? great pics fella's!!

As mike said, that wasn't my truck. Mine always the one with the test winch and pipeline rack. And for the tires I'm not sure, we didn't really hit the extremely hard trails. Had to keep it mellow for all the noobs! Lol

spicergear
04-04-2011, 16:26
You could see in just the tire tracks alone that the Firestones had a MUCH better foot print and better bite than the NDT's really ever could. The truck looked really meaty too with 10 of them on it with the flat tread area opposed to the rounded and slightly smaller NDT's.

Had a real good time out wheeling with everone that was there! Nice to meet a few new faces and put faces to the SS names. Matt, Tom, everyone else- hope to see you again sometime. Oh, Maddawg...we met before a few years back at Rausch Creek. I don't know you by 'Mike.' :mrgreen:

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 16:43
Noobs!?!? whatever, i could have stood more hill climbs.... those are fun! I checked my oil before we went out wheeling just incase :wink: Next year im trying the first hill that spicergear climbed with his unimog! that was an impressive climb he made, but i just thought i need to represent USA here! :-D

atankersdad
04-04-2011, 16:54
I think its time to buy a Mog...Just checked GL.... I guess I have a wait....And wait... And wait..... And dream.... And wait....

Wildchild467
04-04-2011, 17:07
yeaaaa.... thats a lot of muscle in a small package. i wonder how that mog would do in a tug of war with a deuce.... just for fun. they seem quite the useful vehicle. I like deuces because they are a lot cheaper and parts seem easier to get. im telling my self all of this trying to get it in my head that a deuce is more fun so i dont get "googling" unimogs and get attached to them.... i could see it would be very easy to do! one addiction at a time... i got the deuce and i think the next addiction is trailers. hahaha!

spicergear
04-04-2011, 23:43
HA! You should try NOT trying to get a second one after you already have one! -that is REALLY tough. I found a frame and axles for a 416 and am trying really, really hard to forget where they are...trying to stay focused. Trying...

I really want to get into a five ton and get my 475hp 'Silver 92' Detroit and Road Ranger humming again.

That first hill climb was fun. Short, steep, and that big friggin' rock at the top to drop down over with the driver's side was interesting. Even though the truck is a little nose heavy, I only had the front axle pulled in on the two hill climbs and the water hole I dropped into...rest of the time was just rear wheel, open diff. The Mog is fun to drive but I sure was happy to get home and get OUT. :-D

powerhouseduece
04-05-2011, 00:10
Ok, next time around, it will be blue trails and the bigger hills.

I'm gathering parts now to bob my truck. I have to go dig my other 5t front axle out of storage. Talked to my buddy that builds cars about my rear suspension, so it will be bagged and am shooting for 20-30" of travel. Add that with rear steering and I'll be able to hang with tom's mog in some tight trails!!

kassim503
04-05-2011, 05:57
:drool:
rear steer

maddawg308
04-05-2011, 07:45
I think next time, if we can get enough people with smaller vehicles, maybe it would work to have two different groups go out - one with the big trucks and they hit only the green trails, and the smaller vehicles can hit the blue trails if they feel up to it.

Wildchild467
04-05-2011, 12:19
i was game for any of the trails. i did supprisingly well at not wacking trees with my cargo cover and bows. so that made me feel good about my driving skills in the woods as they were not tested with the deuce in these types of trails. I should Bob my M109 and bring that next time. LDS power in something bobed would be a blast! I cant wait to see what Powerhousedeuce's 5 ton is going to look like!:driver:

spicergear
04-05-2011, 14:57
yeaaaa.... thats a lot of muscle in a small package. i wonder how that mog would do in a tug of war with a deuce...just for fun

The deuce would walk away with the Mog on a straight pull since the Mog is 3 tons lighter @ 8,000 lbs. I pulled my one deuce up a pasture (yeah, the winch front winch thread) by hooking into the deuce's pintle hook then up around the winch drum on the rear of the Mog to get good weight transfer. Pulled it no sweat then.

clinto
04-05-2011, 15:10
Great pictures! Wish I could be there.

I love the scenic overlook group shots you guys always do.

USAWEAPON777
04-05-2011, 18:58
YouTube - Mud hole m1009 complete.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFOtOle4K6I)

Deuce through the mud (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j9gTIfD0z8)

818 hill climb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp40FL60QXU)
Ill update this post as I finish editing some other vids.

Wildchild467
04-05-2011, 20:59
im not sure how to load them so it comes up as a youtube window like i have seen it on here, but im going to try anyway...

YouTube - wildchild467's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/wildchild467?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/Ss68-FMXsJQ)

YouTube - wildchild467's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/wildchild467?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/brSvUgTS6I8)

atankersdad
04-06-2011, 04:45
im not sure how to load them so it comes up as a youtube window like i have seen it on here, but im going to try anyway...

YouTube - wildchild467's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/wildchild467?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/Ss68-FMXsJQ)

YouTube - wildchild467's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/wildchild467?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/brSvUgTS6I8)

Thanks for posting. I love the one of Matt's 818 doing a rock climb...

Wildchild467
04-06-2011, 08:26
Thanks for posting. I love the one of Matt's 818 doing a rock climb...

I know, it went up it without spinning a tire and then you see the back tandem axle hang just for a little bit then make contact again. watching it makes me want to try it with my truck... oh well.... next rally i will!

maddawg308
04-07-2011, 10:33
I want to post a big [thumbzup] to Kassim and atankersdad, thanks for the rides, and Kassim: whether you restore that rolling environmental disaster area for the next time, or buy a new MV to be a little more friendly on the trails, it's always a pleasure seeing ya at RC! :driver:

shenkmen
04-07-2011, 13:18
What kind of damage reports do we have?

I lost the front, driver's side axle seal - little bit of GL1 leaking through the boot.

USAWEAPON777
04-07-2011, 13:33
I lost a window.......... By closing the door.:doh:

Wildchild467
04-07-2011, 15:55
my front seals were leaking before the trip. haha. thats this summer project. haha

atankersdad
04-07-2011, 19:35
I lost the fear that I would damage my son's M1009 while following my other son's M818 and having son #1 pi**ed at me. It was fun... I will do it in the fall with one of my trucks or as a passenger with a video camera..

spicergear
04-08-2011, 00:24
I burned about 14 gallons of fuel. :mrgreen:

powerhouseduece
04-08-2011, 02:53
I burned about 14 gallons of fuel. :mrgreen:

HA!! try 40!!

spicergear
04-08-2011, 10:48
Ouch!

Wildchild467
04-08-2011, 12:41
I might have burned around 40 gallons myself too. allthough i had 16 gallons of WMO i also put in the tank. on the way back home. i got 9mpg on the way home. dont know if thats good or bad. Had the cargo cover on ofcourse and turning about 2200-2300 rpm.... then hills killed me and ofcourse i layed it to the floor.:beer:

mikey
03-31-2012, 19:48
im in.. 1 person, camping

not yet sure when im arriving, hopefully thu night. ill be bringing my grill and lots of tools

kastein
03-31-2012, 20:37
is this the spring 2012 thread now? :razz:

Might make it but probably not. My budget is tight these days.

shenkmen
04-01-2012, 08:12
The Spring 2012 sign up thread is here - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/85565-spring-2012-rausch-creek-rally-sign-up-thread.html