• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Business recomendations

Kaiserjeeps

I looked for a place to make a good comment on a business and this seemed like the best spot. I hope this does not conflict with any forum rules. Nor would I want this to be a place to make any type of negative comment regarding any businesses. This is all about the good places to shop.

I have had a couple of really great transactions with TNJ Murray. I shop from most of the business and these guys stand out to me. I have been restoring a M416 for a gentleman. I needed some new tail lights as the old ones had sheared screws and other damage. They were restorable but not with out some work. It was decided to go new. The cool thing is when I got my new tail lights The guys at TNJ Murray knew what I needed for the old lights. With out telling me and at NO charge they included two used light covers that had all the screws I needed to fix the old ones. I think thats cool. There is more but I will spare all the details.

I think it is worth mentioning. I have had some bad business experiences with MV suppliers and lots of good ones. I prefer to only mention the good ones.
Several times now I have had extra help from TNJ Murray at their offerings.
I recommend them highly.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is equally important to relate the bad experiences also to prevent other members from having the same issues with a bad supplier . Truthfull replies good or bad is what is needed .

Pooch1128

I think it is equally important to relate the bad experiences also to prevent other members from having the same issues with a bad supplier . Truthfull replies good or bad is what is needed .
I kinda agree with this, but along has it is not a smear campaign. If it was a legitmate case of where the business simply did not provide what was advertised or was rude then by all means I believe other members should know, but not just because they were overpriced or you had a personal conflict with them....

At the sametime it's always good to hear positive things also.....

Kaiserjeeps

Hearing about the bad stuff could only lead to a locked thread eventually. I really think it is best left out. Then it stays positive and people can find a vendor they want to buy from. Those vendors deserve the business as a byproduct of their help. That is the main point with my posting.

The negative stuff will dilute the purpose and the good stuff. These are just my thoughts. I can choose to be PO'ed at a business and focus on it, or let it roll off and focus on this.

It has a much better pay off and I sleep better at night. Again just my feelings on it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well unlees the vender is a member here this should be in this forum at all . I didn't say anything about slaming bad vendors I stated HONEST views good or bad .If your going to have a praise forum there needs to be a i got sc***ed forum knowing who the bad businesses is as important as the good businesses . It can't be one sided and fair. :deadhorse:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, since this is Al's thread he can have it how he wants it. If you feel the need for a "poor service" thread, you can start one too.

DieselBob

I have made several purchases from Murray's and have had a good experience every time. They often have items that other dealers don't normally stock. Not to mention they are close. :D

Kaiserjeeps

Thanks Chris.

I do agree that balance is good. However comma this thread I want to only focus on how things have helped. Solutions that you want to pass on. Nobody is mad about something. Nobody is offended or feeling taken advantage of. None of those emotions need be here. And this is a cut and dried choice we all can make. It's just about a place going a little out of their way to help you out. They should have more business steered their way in these economic times I believe.

I have also had some really good experiences with Saturn Surplus. These are things above and beyond simply ordering parts and having them show promptly.
I ask a lot of questions once in a while.;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks