• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power plant weight of M211

PALux

I am a new member and the owner of a 1954 M211 that needs lots of help. I am slowly stripping the truck to the frame in order to install new brake lines and repaint. Can't find the weight of the power plant when removed complete. Does anybody have an accurate weight? Forgot how heavy everything is on a deuce.
Would anyone have plans for the engine stand in fig 111 of TM 9-8024.
Thanks Phil

deuceman51

I don't know the total weight, but I removed my engine with transmission attached with a 2 1/2 engine hoist. I took the radiator off earlier. It is very heavy and hard to roll the engine hoist off with the engine and tranny on it, but it can be done and done safely. The only warning is that with the radiator removed, it will be very unbalanced towards the transmission end. I also attached a come a long to the hook on my engine hoist and attached the other end to the tranny to help even it out while I was pulling it out. Good luck and let me know if there is anything else you need to know about pulling the deuce engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks