• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transport Two Deuce Engines from Columbus OH to Western MI?

houdel

I bought a couple of LDT465 engines from GL in Columbus OH. I'm planning of taking the Deuce down there to pick them up, but don't look forward to the 800 mile round trip. Is anyone coming up this way in the late Sept - mid Oct time frame who would be interested in picking them up and bring them this way? I'm in western Michigan, about 45 miles east of Ludington.

houdel

I bought a couple of LDT465 engines from GL in Columbus OH. I'm planning of taking the Deuce down there to pick them up, but don't look forward to the 800 mile round trip. Is anyone coming up this way in the late Sept - mid Oct time frame who would be interested in picking them up and bring them this way? I'm in western Michigan, about 45 miles east of Ludington.

Also posting in "Transportation Needs" forum, but there doesn't to be much activity in that forum.

houdel

RE: Transport Two Deuce Engines from Columbus OH to Western

Won't work, my EUC hasn't cleared yet. Do you have anything going that way late this month or early next month?

Miltrucks

I was probably one of the guys bidding against you :) I bought 5 the last time around and 3 here on this last sale. I too am waiting for the EUC to clear before I pick mine up. Planning on building up one or two to keep back as spares, stripping a couple for parts, and then selling off one or two of the complete ones. They have a forklift that will lift them in the yard there as long as they can keep it running. They are heavy though in the cans.

liljohn

How heavy are they you think? I may be able to get them as far as Grand Rapids...

houdel

Grand Rapids would be excellent. I'm only about 70 miles north on I-131. The weight is given as as 2569 lbs each (including container), container dimensions are given as 60"L x 48"W x 72"H.

liljohn

Hrmmmmm..... Well I'm in Dayton, the fam is in Grand Rapids... but my little Escape won't be able to manage that load. HOWEVER I'll give my dad a call and see if him and mom might be planing a trip to visit somewhere in that timeframe. He's got an Expedition and a large trailor. I can probably talk him into hauling some stuff down to me and the engines back up to you. I'll shoot you a PM after I talk to him, let you know if we might be able to work something out.

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: Transport Two Deuce Engines from Columbus OH to West

houdel said:
Grand Rapids would be excellent. I'm only about 70 miles north on I-131. The weight is given as as 2569 lbs each (including container), container dimensions are given as 60"L x 48"W x 72"H.

I would have to say that the wieight estimate is probably a little on the high side.

liljohn

RE: Re: RE: Transport Two Deuce Engines from Columbus OH to

Just talked to pops, sounds like they might be coming down sometime in that time frame. He's gonna think it over, I'll let you know.

houdel

Brian wasn't able to help me out, so I'm still looking for transportation for my two engines from Ohio to Michigan. Anyone coming this way in the late Sept - early Oct time frame who may be able to help out?

ida34

I may be able to convoy with you if you have to go down. I am in the Ann Arbor area.

derby

If I can help out let me know,I have a trailer good for 5000# it could haul your engines or ida's 1009.don't think the old farm ford is up to the task though,I could ride along and poke ya with a stick to make shure you don't fall asleep!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks