• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 door frame drawings

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have pattern or drawings for making metal door frames for M38A1? Can't seem to find any take-offs anywhere? Thanks

zout

How big of a hurry are you in ?
When I get back home today I can take my painters "green" paper - make a template for you - pm me your address and I will stick the template in a postal envelope and mail it to you.

seyit

How big of a hurry are you in ?
When I get back home today I can take my painters "green" paper - make a template for you - pm me your address and I will stick the template in a postal envelope and mail it to you.
Hi,zout;
I am also in need of such a template ( Kaiser era CJ5 actually,but almost the same as M 38 A1)
Could you please send me a copy of the door template?
I attach here my mail address;
skocaker@hotmail.com

zout

I was just sucking down coffee this morning and hanging around here - been a nut house lately.

Going to be headed down to the garage and will make you a template out of painters Green paper so I can mail it to you - pm me your address.

no problem

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, but I found a complete door frame to use as a pattern. I had it sent to my daughters, due to freight costs to Alaska, so have not seen it yet. But, I hope to take some measurements and pictures and post as a reference.

wilfreeman

Did anybody ever make these templates? I know this is an old thread, but I may be in the same situation. Also, I read on some thread out there in internet land somewhere, that the main frame is exactly the same on both sides, that just the hinge pins are mounted different? Can anyone confirm/deny this? Also, what diameter rod is used - 3/8"? I'm pretty sure I have acquired a driver side door, but won't get it until April.

Dodge man

Nope, Somebody that I won't name promised to make drawings but they haven't appeared yet. I'm looking for drawings too. Let me know if you ever get any and I'll do the same for you.

Are you coming to the MVPA rally in Belleville this coming weekend? I've got some NICE M38/A1 wheels and NDT/NDCC tires that I'm bringing.

wilfreeman

Like I said, I'll be getting a driver side door w/canvas at the show in April. If I can't pick up a passenger side, I might try to build one with "modified" hinge pins. My daughter has some white roll paper that will be perfect for a tracing if/when I get one.

Not going to make it to Belleville - I'll be working. I guess my next rally or show will be in April at Denton, NC.

wilfreeman

Oh, I must have been looking at a different one right before I left work. Belleville, Fla rings a bell. I'm not sure - maybe he will come in shortly, if not, I will look when I get back.

wilfreeman

Nope, I was wrong - it is in Belleview, FL this weekend. You can make that one - it's near Ocala. Here's the ad:

Florida, February 7 – 9, 2014: The Southern Outpost Military Vehicle Winter Rally and Swap Meet, sponsored by the First Florida Chapter, MVPA and the Market of Marion. Rally site: Behind the Market of Marion, 12888 S.E. US Hwy 441, Belleview, FL.; just 10 miles south of Ocala, FL. For registration forms and more info contact: Dave Thomas, 352-288-0604, or Charles Craven, 352-245-2208, or Charles Hildebrant, 353-748-3447.

helomedic1171

that's more of a possibility. if I can get the garage straightened up so the CJ stops getting rained on while we work on the M38A1, I might be able to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks