• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Studebaker Transfer case Mounts/bushings

lowrdrbird

Hey Gang

Here is my next problem that I have ran into..... I am about to put the transfer case back onto the frame of the studebaker. And I need 8 spring bushing/mounts. The one for the Engine is the same size in diameter but is about 1/2 too tall. So I cannot use the intended bolts.

Now here is my question were these the same mounts as used on the CCKWs???? If so anyone have 8 that I can buy or trade for???

Please let me know
Thanks
Ken

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the split axle Jimmy, the Timken transfer is bolted right to the crossmember with only bolts and spacers.

swordmd

You lost me on that one. Both of mine that still have transfer cases in them are mounted with round rubber dounuts with studs, castle nuts and wire. No springs.

lowrdrbird

Okay here are the pics of what I have.

The rusty one is the mount for the Transfer case looks similar to the engine Mount the one on the right. But it is smaller in band size but same size in diameter.

The Engine mount is about 3/4 of an inch and the transfer mount is about 1/2 inch

Where can i find these transfer case types??? I can also use the rubber ones also but cant find those either.

Ken

:lost:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks