• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(3/4 ton) Difference in m116 and m101 chassis

Blake

Here is the real question. How come some of the pioneer trailers have the extra space on the front and back between end of body and end of frame like John Colwells (TX) trailer and others have no extra space on front and back. Was it different years? Mine is a 1960 and it has the extra space on the front and back like Johns trailer. See attached pics

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Later run of tool beds were a different design. Longer and a completely different top and hinge assy. Did the older ones have a genset as did the later ones?

citizensoldier

Trailers

I believe there were two types of the Pionere trailers made. Some were for engineers and others for carpenter units or some other task. This is the reason for the two types of trailers bodys on the 116 chassis. I have seen both types that are the same year so I dont think there is a later or earlier version just whatever its function was and contract/builder...
Dont have any technical data on the subject it is just what I have found...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks