• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv and M103 trailer in columbus OH.

ida34

I just got high bidder on an m1009 and a M103a3 trailer with generators. Would anyone in the local area be able to help me out and get them during the week so I could come down and pick them up on the weekend. Or would anyone be able to store one or the other for me until the weekend?

Also, anyone know the pickup days and times for Columbus? The website was vague at best.

Thanks
Chuck

CCATLETT1984

I'm a few hours from there, but would be able to store both for a week or two. Let me know if I can help.
Is the truck a driver or parts?
If its driveable then I might even be able to pick it up for you.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I happened to win a small lot up at Columbus, OH. too. Any chance you might be able to help me by picking these up at the same time. Drop me a PM if you think we might be able to work something out.
Thanks,
Ethan

ida34

Re: RE: Cucv and M103 trailer in columbus OH.

builder77 said:
I happened to win a small lot up at Columbus, OH. too. Any chance you might be able to help me by picking these up at the same time. Drop me a PM if you think we might be able to work something out.
Thanks,
Ethan
What did you have for pickup?

ida34

Re: RE: Cucv and M103 trailer in columbus OH.

CCATLETT1984 said:
I'm a few hours from there, but would be able to store both for a week or two. Let me know if I can help.
Is the truck a driver or parts?
If its driveable then I might even be able to pick it up for you.
Thanks but it is probably closer to get it back to my house. I was hoping on someone being close enough that I could drop the trailer off then pick it up again on the weekend to avoid taking two days off.

Thanks anyway.

Chuck

N1265

RE: Re: RE: Cucv and M103 trailer in columbus OH.

I am not sure if it would be any help to you.... But you can keep the stuff here if needed for a couple of weeks. I am about 30 miles south of toledo.

ida34

Re: RE: Re: RE: Cucv and M103 trailer in columbus OH.

N1265 said:
I am not sure if it would be any help to you.... But you can keep the stuff here if needed for a couple of weeks. I am about 30 miles south of toledo.
I may take you up on that. My cousin may come with me and he would drive my excursion towing the new cucv on a trailer while I drive my present cucv towing the trailer. If he can't make it then I might need to drop the trailer off with you until the following Sunday if this sounds OK.

Armada

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Cucv and M103 trailer in columbus OH.

Chuck, I might be available if you need someone to drive down with you if your cousin can't go. Let me know what shakes out....

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Cucv and M103 trailer in columbus OH.

I appreciate it Paul. What would work out for you best? Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday? My cousin should let me know something later today and I have to put in for the day off later today. I also need to call and make sure a pickup next week is ok.

ida34

As is it now I am taking my excursion and my cucv. Paul said he could go so I will trailer my good cucv down with my excurion. The good cucv will tow the M103 home while the excursion will trailer the other cucv home.

ida34

I am a little concerned about towing the trailer with the cucv. When I put in my receiver hitch I had to take out a support that tied the bottom of the pintle hitch plate into the rear towing shackle mounts. Today I cut the support down to fit in between the sides of the receiver hitch. I then welded nuts in the ends of the support as it was a square tube. I then drilled holes in the side of the receiver hitch and bolted the support to the hitch. It really looks good and I think it is stronger than the original setup. Even if my welds break the support still can't come off.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering the height issue, have you considered a raised hitch head that you can bolt a pintle onto? Is the excursion a road oiler or gas? You could always attach the trailer to the new CUCV and attach it via towbar to the excursion if the excursion can handle it. I'm stupid enough to do that!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thought, take a large hammer and a 1 1/2" wrench so you can flip the lunette to the lower position.

ida34

I will probably try to flip the lunette. Will the Deuce lug wrench fit the nut and have enough clearance? I just ran out of o2 in my little torch but I hope to have time to get it filled tommarow.

N1265

IDA34,

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.... I just pm'd you with my address in case you need it.

Good luck,

and if you need to , don't be shy about using anything here....

Nick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needs to be a wrench Chuck. No way to get anything else on there. You can use a pipewrench in a pinch but no sockets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks