• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

took a flight in the boss's plane

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many a pilot trained in those wonderful birds. They were the primary trainer here in San Angelo at Goodfellow Air Force Base (Goodbuddy Airplane Patch) back when they had a flying mission. The base no longer has ANY active runways, but continues as the ALL-Service Intell/Cryptologic School AND the Training Center for ALL Land-Based DoD Firefighting.

Not only was the T-34 a reliable, forgiving aircraft, but it was also a maintenance pleasure. Well designed and easily serviced. Much like the JEEP and the DEUCE - Designed for the 18-22 year old kid to fly or maintain.

I'm glad you got to fly in that piece of HISTORY. Did you get any "Stick-Time", or just enjoy the ride?

vtdeucedriver

I prefer my trainers with Wrights...........................now I should not say that too loud as I work for Pratt & Whitney

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks