• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek rally

PaFarmer

Count me in. I agree with the earlier post about not having it over Holloween.

RC is a great park, but Northumberland County is continuing to work on their park project. Here is the link: Northumberland County Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area They orgainized a trail ride a few weeks ago with 90+ vehicles, mostly Jeeps. Loads of trails, but many were a bit narrow for deuces and the like.

Have been having so much fun jeeping, I bought a second cherokee, it is dark green, so it will be easier to paint OD than the white one.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i made it through a lot of stuff even with my cargo cover ON! :p made me feel like a darn good deuce driver.... allthough 1st low range is a good gear for those hard to get in spots. haha! im going to be more daring this comming year on the trails! :eek:

kastein

My XJ/MJ (Cherokee/Comanche) club (NAXJA) has a poll up right now concerning when they will be at RC. Last year it was the same weekend you guys were there and I was stuck in Colorado on business. This time I am going to be there in either the 5 ton or my Comanche, not sure which yet, the weekends of the 15th-16th and 22nd-23rd are currently leading the vote on NAXJA. I'm hoping for the 22nd-23rd.

USAWEAPON777

Look forward to heading up again last one was a blast. Hopefully this time I will have a lift and some new rubber. Any weekend in october works for me except for the first weekend

kastein

Those are the best for me, and also the best for my club (our vote tied on those two.)

I went through the thread and combined everything:
1st-2nd: works for tlauden (1 person)
8th-9th: works for tlauden, USAWEAPON777 (2 people)
15th-16th: works for tlauden, shenkmen, USAWEAPON777, MAXM37, wildchild467 (5 people)
22nd-23rd: works for tlauden, shenkmen, myself, USAWEAPON777, MAXM37 (5 people)
29th-30th: works for olddominioniron, USAWEAPON777 (2 people)

I am leaning towards the 22nd as that is what the tiebreaker at my club is leaning towards. I can make the 15th maybe, we'll see how the votes go.

Anyone else got votes / time set aside at work already? Speak up!

Last edited:

kastein

haha yeah that's the boat I'm in. The vote in my other club is darn close to tied too. I guess I might just end up going two weekends in a row... such a pity... :beer: we'll see.

EDIT: PS, the other club is NAXJA. Your 2000 would be right at home.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Sorry for extreme delay and lack of participation in this thread. I usually have this stuff nailed down alot earlier. I know how it is putting in for your days off.... let us establish a weekend today.

I'd stick with the Oct. 20th-23rd weekend as it seems to work with most people and it doesn't conflict with the large fundraising events held earlier in the month at the park. The following weekend would be fine too except that some with kiddies may want to skip out due to Halloween.

I look forward to a 5th Annual Steel Soldiers Rausch Creek Military Vehicle Rally. Thank you for your continued interest and participation.

Feel free to ask any questions on this thread. I'll start a sign up thread as we get a little closer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks