• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

P51 Mustang

Just had a P51 Mustang fly in front of the cabin here at the lake about 15 minutes ago. He was about 200 feet above the water. I heard him but couldn't get to my camera fast enough for a picture. Boy was he a sight to see! If anyone can post a picture feel free to do it. He comes thru here every year about this time. What a plane!

Last edited:

Ripcord01

I don't know what flew over my house today about 8 :45 in the morning but the left one **** of a sonic boom..It lasted for about 35 seconds. the closest thin I have ever heard that compares to it is a flyover by the space shuttle.. geesh. I later found out it was the Thunderbirds for Annapolis air show..

exbrown

Boy was he fast! He had to make a steep climb before he hit the mountain just north of my place. I believe the whole event lasted less than 20 seconda and he was gone!!! This is the mountain he had in front of him. Last year he did a barrel roll in front of my 90 year old neighbors!
I would imagine that he has enough climb rate to not worry too much about such things.

Wolf.Dose

Ahh, sorry, not 1987, 1997!. Due to a active pilot I had acces to the filght line and had the oportunity to see some aircrafts like the F15 close up, a C 17 also from inside, a B25 Mitchel, a B17H Flying Fortress, a Super Constallation, a C130 J also from inside, a C47 privately owned, a F6F-3/5 e Hellcat in flight, also in low altitued at full power (wonderfull sound), a Grumman G44 close up, a Ford Trimotor which did tourist flights, Starfighter F104, a F86 Sabre in flight not to forget the P51 Dacota Kit in D-Day colours flying beside some others, at least five more in private hand,which were used NOT for racing and an Albatross from Alaska, a 80 gallon per hour hobby.
I can not summ up all the war birds I saw there, it was realy great!
Wolf

JAYHAWK 1962

There aint nothing like a rolls royce merlin sreaming through the sky. Saw a b-17 flying by several months ago. It is always cool to see these old aircraft flying.

Neighbor saw him do two barrel rolls!!

Boy was he fast! He had to make a steep climb before he hit the mountain just north of my place. I believe the whole event lasted less than 20 seconda and he was gone!!! This is the mountain he had in front of him. Last year he did a barrel roll in front of my 90 year old neighbors!
My neighbor who lives about 7 blocks away from me heard him come thru the canyon and do two barrel rolls before he passed my house. It is nice to see that a few "War Birds" are still around. I was fortunate enough to visit a museum in Tillamook,Oregona a few years ago and was able to sit in the cockpit of a P-38 Lighting. It had been taken out of the display and in the maint hanger being checked out before going to California for an engine rebuild. The owner was there and let me go in to the cockpit. It was really neat to be sitting in it.They are a litttle smaller than you think! Not much room in there. I've been in a B-17 and a B-24 Liberator also.at airshows here in Montana.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks