• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pa licensing and titling WWII vehicle

greenunderdog

Hypothetical question, is it possible to license /title a 194x's military truck (dodge wc 62/63 series) that was purchased in pa by pa resident that only comes with a bill of sale? Any one have any knowledge they would like to share with me on processes etc to accomplish this. Looking at a truck but am worried about being able to make it legal.

paulfarber

simple process to apply for a title. I did it with my 1943 GMC CCKW. Go to a notary or one of the services that does registrations and talk to them.

The only part you have to 'schedule' is the State Police verifying the frame Vin (no tags.. must be stamped on a metal part). I took a tracing, had LEO verify the frame SN and the tracing, he signed a form and off to Harrisburg it went.

Got a title with nothing more than a bill of sale. This was about 5 years ago.

If the notary gives you a song and dance fine another one. If they give you grief find another one... there are a lot of dumb notary's out there.

The vast majority of states didn't need car titles till like the mid 70's.... its only after they realized that titles can be a profit center did they start mandating them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks