• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spark plug info.

I am working on a 74 Mutt, it has the wires the screw onto the plugs. Do the sleeves that the wires screw onto come off of the plugs. I removed the screw down in the sleeve but do not want to damage any thing. And what about plugs , is that something I can find locally or are they a specialty item.

papercu

Check here,
Saturn Surplus
go down to spark plugs and click on the highlighted word. (A picture is worth a thousand words)
Good folks to buy from but I don't know if they are the cheapest. Wayne

Emmett

Yep, unscrew the lead and wiggle-pull the wire out of the plug.
I guess you might be able to find them but either way they will have to be ordered.
Give Rich Miller at Riv-Rad a call as I'm sure he has some for a reasonable price.
He shipps the same day as well....number is 251 988 8666.

Good luck

Thanks for the info. I ordered a set through O'reillys for 6.89 each. The Mutt I am working on has not been ran since 87 , replaced the plugs had to remove and dis-assembly and clean up the dist. Hooked the fuel line to a jug of fresh gas and it fired right up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks