• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1028 and M1009 (wannabe)

kennyw

Thought I would post up some pics of my projects... First is a true M1028. Odometer shows 21K and the seat looks like that is actual mileage. The truck was picked up by some civilian with a lot of ideas and absolutly no idea what he was doing before I got it. So I will have to redo/undo a lot of his modifications.

Still has the original 6.2L motor, but someone put in a 700R4 that is falling apart. So I have picked up a hydro clutch, Ranger OD, SM465 and NP208. Then to pep up the motor I have picked up a 6.5L turbo setup.

The truck has a very bad rattle can paint job... I'm going to repaint it solid olive drab and put a military brush guard back on the front with the correct grill. I'm surprised someone actually tried fitting a '79-80 grill on it.

One cool idea the PO had was to put a suburban gas tank filler behind the drivers dually fender, it however ran to a poorly installed gas tank under the bed that fell out on me driving down the road. But I have a good start to get it done right.

Next project:
1985 GMC Jimmy, 3/4 ton conversion w/ disc brakes all around, originally a 350 V8, but getting a NA 6.2L. Already converted the 700R4/NP208 to a SM465/NP205. It too needs a paint job. Haven't decided what to do with the paint yet though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks