• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One sad sight..

texas-5-ton

Several days ago, I went to our states forest service office to get some parts for our M813. I had never gone to this place before so I really had no idea what to expect. Several fellow firefighters had said that there was a hundred or so 6x6 trucks that had been decommissioned after being used up in the fire service. I guess what really caught my attention was the fact that there numerous 2.5 and 5 tons that had been used up and were acting as "donors" before they finally go under the torch. Some of these trucks appeared to be somewhat salvageable while others looked as if they had been on a date with a freight train. I guess that it was so bothersome for me simply for the fact that we are in the process of spending several thousand dollars on our truck and taking a big chance that it will end up in a bone yard like this.I am pouring my heart and soul into this truck and don't want it to end up like this. I know that there are good and bad apples everywhere, but it just bothered me to see so many "indestructible" vehicles laying lifeless in a pasture, never returning to service again. I guess that they are like any other machine. They can't go forever..

Anybody have a Kleenex??

jasonjc

From my personal experinces with these trucks are other in the vol fire most beat the crap out of them and dont do a thing to take care of them when it break they just cry that they are broke and cant fix so give them another one when it breaks do it again. The department I was on for 5 YEARS THEY NEVER EVEN CHANGED THE OIL. We got a new to us pumper and with in a few days someone took a rake to the side of it. Said it look better that it had battel scars. They took a pumper thought the woods to a tractor fire insteed of the brush truck and riped the lights off of it then tried to GLUE them back on. We wood get called out to fire to find that the trucks were broken and nobaody knew how it happen (must have been gosts) As long as the gov lends them out they are going to trash them and want new ones. To trash again. Its NOT the trucks its the PEOPLE behind the wheel that should not be behind the wheel. (sorry for the speach but after beatting my head agaist the wall for years I gave up)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks