• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Super Singles

M1075

Now I know she is a little rough around the edges, but I thought you might like to see the new rubber under the M52A2. Goodyear AT2A 14.00x20 on 5 ton beadlocks in the front and standard split rim in the back. Man, did I have fun driving up, over, and through some serious stuff last weekend. Super singles are sweet!

big daddy

It still looks cool just like it is!I wanna see the pics of it in the rough stuff! Mines the long wheelbase I'm gonna shorten it up and put on the fifth wheel,I found a fifth wheel off a 2.5 for sale are they the same? Cool truck!

M1075

Big Daddy-

Thanks for the thumbs up! Unfortunately, I didn't get any action shots, but I can tell you it was some wild stuff. Everytime I would go down a steep embankment, the drivers door would fly open. I guess I need to fix that! I don't know if I was just stoked to be running the bigger tires, but it sure seemed to be a remarkable increase in mobility. I'm liking the increased ground clearance and the larger tire patch, not to mention more road speed!

I don't know on the 2.5 ton fifth wheel. I might be taking mine off soon if you are still looking then. I would like a long wheel base. Maybe we should just swap trucks?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big, the 5th wheel from the deuce will work but its not an exact replacement. Both trucks have the same framerail spacing so thats not a problem. Is the 5th still on a truck? Are the deck plates and quarter fenders available?

big daddy

Recovery4x4 no the truck was almost completely gutted,no drivetrain or body almost ready for scrap.M1075 your's is a diesel right ? Mines a gasser does that matter to you? (some only want diesels, dont matter to me)mines got the extra drive shaft in it , it would be easy to put in an overdrive aux. trans.Mines also converted to 12 volt ,and rebuilt 602 continental.Starts easy off of 1 battery.Runs great ,its a 1962 what year is yours?Its got the winch on the front and it works too [thumbzup] got some 14x 20s and rims off a bridge truck cuase I wanna run duals! Got lots of ideas just waiting for funds to catch up with them! :banghead: I've got pics just not good enough with a computer to post them yet I'll try though! If your not interested Im waiting on a guy to come up with the money to buy mine what would you want for yours? Let me know,dont forget the action pics! Mark

ICEMAN71

hey big daddy how much are you selling your truck for? i might be interested. send me some pics by mail you have the address. thanks for the tm it came in the mail today.

M1075

Big Daddy-

I don't remember the year on the 5 ton, I'll have to look it up. It has a rebuilt multifuel that was put in last year. It starts like a top even in the cold. Its does need some new glass and paint. I haven't put a price on it yet, but it is definitely available for sale or trade! With singles or without.

14x20 duals would be kool! I have always liked the bridge trucks and have been actually been pricing them recently. I thought they were set up differently to allow the 1400s. Not sure though. Maybe ICEMAN can elaborate on the rear axle set up.

If you are trying to post pictures, just use the attachment manager below the text box when you relpy. It is really easy (assuming your pics are digital and on your computer already). I don't have any action shots, except for those in my mind! Maybe next time I'll get someone to take some.

1ton

according to mil trucks the 5 ton 5th wheels are much nicer. He put one on his long wheel base tractor with the headache rack.

Wyattearp

I think i may have found a M52, im not for sure, as im more familar with the 2.5 ton deuce. I know the truck runs but not how good and that the brakes are not working. A nearby junkyard has it, im going tomorrow to see if the guy will let me check it out, i will see if the dash ID's are still there and see what it is for sure, im not sure if its gas or diesel, it came from a logging mill. It has the dual rears and looks identical to M1075's truck...

Will keep you guys posted and what would the going price for one of these be? Just in case i get the 5 ton fever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks