• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 heater kit install tips

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good research Lance! I have the first one saved on my laptop form when Mighty Joe posted it originally. Doubt that I'll ever install heat in any of my rides but its good to have. Also, the legs to mount the heat on multifuels are being reproduced by John Tennis. I just don't have his email here.

Monster Man

Recovry4x4 said:
Good research Lance! I have the first one saved on my laptop form when Mighty Joe posted it originally. Doubt that I'll ever install heat in any of my rides but its good to have. Also, the legs to mount the heat on multifuels are being reproduced by John Tennis. I just don't have his email here.
ahh, yeah, no need for heat down there :) here's the Spruce Mountain page with the bracket:

http://www.sprucemtsurplus.com/LinkPages/m35.html

that's something I can probably make pretty easily, though that is a nice piece.

stefos

When you do the job consider to rotate the heater 90 degree so the air inlet hose face down and can be conected to a hole that you can make to the triangular fixed panel under the hood side panel. This will make your truck look like the very late Deuces but most of all will keep the round profile of the air inlet hose. I didn't do that and I regret it. Also TM 9-2320-209-35 has lots of information and pics on all kinds of winterization kits. It's June 1965 (my birthday) and not provited by LOGSA.

Monster Man

hey, thanks for the pics stefos! big help
well, that seals it, I ordered the NOS kit from Saturn today. A big chunk out of my wallet, but I need heat! I was going to wait for spring when Joe YOung could try to assemble a kit for me, but I really wanted the NOS one, and ASAP. So, I bit the bullet. Will be sure to take lots of pics of the install and post them in an article

BTW, when I talked to Jay at Saturn yesterday, he said they only had one or two kits left, that they had benn FLYING out of there. So, if you want one better hurry! Other than saturn I think Tomlin surplus was the only other place I found the kit, but I never called to see if they were in stock there

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks