• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Troop Seats

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes those would be the M880 series seats, they are interchangeable with the CUCV's, although the CUCV's got aluminum slats instead of the wood. (if not when 1st produced, then somewhere down the line.)

McGuyver

Are you sure they're interchangeable with the CUCV? I know the M880 troop seats have one leg that is shorter to accomodate the gas filler neck hump, and I'd be surprised if they were located in the same place and same dimensions as on the M880.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M880 Troop Seats

McGuyver said:
Are you sure they're interchangeable with the CUCV? I know the M880 troop seats have one leg that is shorter to accomodate the gas filler neck hump, and I'd be surprised if they were located in the same place and same dimensions as on the M880.
Good observation!
I have seen several CUCV's with the M880 sets at Camp Grayling, the shorter leg still contacts the floor and supports weight, but is not correct.
While I haven't seen the CUCV set on a M880, this is nothing a sawzall wouldn't take care of :shock:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M880 Troop Seats

mangus580 said:
If anyone is intrested, I have a set of these for sale.... Appear brand new, other than paint weathering.
Mine need rebuilding, I may be interested in everything except the big heavy steel side bars.
((To save big shipping$))

Boatcarpenter

RE: Re: RE: M880 Troop Seats

I looked at the ones pictured today and they appear to have three shorter legs which I assume are for around the wheel well intruding into the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks