• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of S250 shelters with complete radio installations?Anyo

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone ever build up a nice S250 shelter setup with radio gear, etc. as a quasi-camper setup? Looking to do that prior to Aberdeen next year. Wondered if anyone had any good pics of the inside of S-250 shelters with the radio stuff installed?

rmgill

RE: Pics of S250 shelters with complete radio installations?

Saturn has two for sale. One I saw was $250 according to the guy in charge.

Elwenil

I called them a while back and they are $1200 for the ones with all the gear still in them and the one in the "boneyard" was $250 but is damaged but I couldn't get details on how bad or what was damaged on it. I was told to "come and check it out". That's a long drive, lol...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'll take a looksee next time I'm up near Coleman's, I go there every month or so.

I know the confines of the S250 is tight, but I figured one side could be radio gear and a small fridge, perhaps a small TV or computer console. The other side would be space for 1 bunk, and a shelf with cook gear, food, clothes, etc. A bit tight, but better than sleeping outside in a rainstorm.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial

I've been doing a little research as well and a shelter that I found that would have more space in the same size package is an S-749 shelter. I dont know who sells these but I think they are better suited for use in a duece. The dimensions are 87" wide 87" long 86 inches tall.

Towman2277

I have access to tons of scrap metal, so I was thinking of building me a shelter, with some hook-eyes on top, so when i'm not off camping, I could simply just unload it until needed again. We always have the scare of hurricanes, so mine would come in useful in that since too, as i'd have everything wired to run off my genset. Just a thought i've been pondering.....

rmgill

The S250 I saw that had the gear was offered to me when I was there for $250. It had some damage on the upper front but looked easily repairable.

M215

Hello Maddawg,
I have a S250 that we gutted out and use for storage, let me know if you need any dimensions. Your welcome to come and check it out if your near Spotysvania.
Karl

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M215 said:
Hello Maddawg,
I have a S250 that we gutted out and use for storage, let me know if you need any dimensions. Your welcome to come and check it out if your near Spotysvania.
Karl
I live in Front Royal, not too far from you. Are you trying to sell the S250 ? If so, I may be in the market early next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks