• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW U joints

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a part number for a modern U joint that will work on the DUKW? I would think they would be the same as the CCKW but there is one more shaft for the winch that might be a different number. I finished the welding and paint and body work and with all the sandblasting I want to put new U joints in her. Thanks Eddy

Attachments

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUKW U Joints

Eddy,
I am pretty sure the CCKW & DUKW use the same U joints on the drivelines. I will get you a part number later today when I am over at my shop.
The u joints for the winch driveline are hard to find. You can get the driveline u joints at NAPA.
Steve8)

paulfarber

All things DUKW: Rex Ward. In the UK, and with the crappy exchange rate spendy, but shoot him an email he may have an alternative part number.

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUKW U-joints

Eddy,
NAPA sells the Precision brand U-joints They are made in the USA. The driveline U-joints are # 330 and the winch driveline U-joints are #870. The 330's are $24.99 each and the 870's are $36.49 each. (On the 2nd Sat. of each month the local NAPA stores have a sale. The U-joints are $18.22 and $26.23 each on 10 Sept.)
Steve 8)

G-Force

Eddy, you can't just post pictures of the front and back of your DUKW.......Its just.....well........torture......how about some REAL pictures????:drool:

saddamsnightmare

December 23rd, 2014.

If you can't get period correct U joints for the DUKW, any good large truck machine shop should be able to salvage the joint ears and crosses off of a much newer truck, cut and weld them to the original shaft tubes, and balance them out for you. I had a 1989 Ford F250 that beat its U Joints to death under heavy loads, and we replaced them with ones salvaged from a 2 or 2-1/2 ton dump-truck. Never had any issues with them after that repair.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks