• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Being on the road

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you are on the road for more than a day or two, the support becomes more and more important. Either moral or or acual physical help.
It can get very lonely out there although the planning when bringing tools and supplies is a large part of feeling okay on the trip.

You may have noticed that I'm posting replies to Patrick's posts as soon as I see them. Well there is a reason for it beyond just answering questions and that is to show that he is not "alone" on the road.

So, let Patrick know that he has support from this list, just like you gave me on my journey.

Thanks,

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

Excellent point and I completely agree. I'll be on the road at some point and will desire the same support and encouragement. This group has a wealth of knowledge and a very generous spirit...it's refreshing these days aint it :)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto! I hope to find sone good MV salvage yrds in Ca, Az and Nv and plan to do a trip. Hope ther is support there when and if i need it.

rmgill

I found that on my trip To and Back from PA, I was quite depressed at the prospect of the long and boring trip. As I got on the road and got further along, my spirits lifted more. Shorter trips are not however very worry some anymore after 18 hours in 2 days in the deuce. Having a second fuel tank will be much better because I'll have Gobs of range and even if I'm only running on Diesel I'll be able to stretch my miles between very economical fuel stops and not have to worry about places that charge $.30/gallon or more over the cheap places (Fort Chiswell and Winchester's Flying J).

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right on all counts! there's alot less worry because of this group, whether it's subjective or objective, it makes a road trip more do-able. I appreciate steelsoldiers members very much and would have not so easily decided to do such a long and mostly random road trip without this group support.

rizzo

I put myself on the map. I am willing to help. so far nobody has broken down near me or stopped by.

Where are all the guys taking road trips to canada?

texas-5-ton

I'll tell you one thing, This group is a bunch of tightly knit people who care about one another as if it were one big family. I have only been a member for a couple of months but see that the outpour of knowledge and support from the members is overwhelming. Although I have owned a deuce in the past and currently own an M813, I dont know alot about MV's. You guys have shown support to me and I would be glad to do anything for y'all to return the favor. God Bless You and God Bless America !!

Chad
Rio Vista VFD

rizzo

texas-5-ton said:
I'll tell you one thing, This group is a bunch of tightly knit people who care about one another as if it were one big family. I have only been a member for a couple of months but see that the outpour of knowledge and support from the members is overwhelming. Although I have owned a deuce in the past and currently own an M813, I dont know alot about MV's. You guys have shown support to me and I would be glad to do anything for y'all to return the favor. God Bless You and God Bless America !!

Chad
Rio Vista VFD
3 cheers for SS members

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
3 cheers for SS members
:beer::beer::beer:

The generosity, comraderie and general fun I have been shown by all that I have met (and those I have not) has been amazing. SS is a serious asset to the Historic Military Vehicle Hobby.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks