• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M211/M135 thermostat GMC 302

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,
I need the Napa part number or the equivalent for a thermostat.
The manusl calls out the following part numbers.
DLU-VD-10457 YT-2194330 FSN 6685-741-1616
160 F -175 F
Thanks for any leads!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
get a standard chevy 165 deg. for a chevy 235, i beleive a chevy 250/290 engine uses the same one. 165 is a little cool, a lot less carbon and sluge build up with a 195

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ron,
Are you saying that I might be better off with the 195 thermostat provided I am not in a very hot climate or high load situation?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yes, it will run better, should not run hot if the rad. is clean and the water pump is ok even if you are working it, the auto will run better to. that trans is nothing but a tricked up caddy trans, i beleive the caddys of that day ran 195s ,also see if you can run 235 points,mite be easer to get, the 302 and the 235 used the same ones in the civie world, same point setting also

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Points NAPA Echlin CS777A
Condensor NAPA Echlin RR175
NAPA should have listings for the 302 in civilian trucks, All parts on yours will be the same as civilian engine except for waterproofing items like waterproof distributor and plugs/wires. You can put a civilian distributor and plugs in the truck iff you pull 12 volts off one battery to power it.
Regards Marti

JasonS

You don't HAVE to tap into 12V for a civvy ignition system. Use enough ballast resistors to drop the current to 4A or less. I am using two standard 1.5 ohm ballast resistors and a 3 ohm pertronix coil.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that the distributor and coil that are in there now is a 12 volt system. It
is not the original distributor and wires.
The coil says delco remy, but I haven't found any more identification on it yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks