• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake line sets

6x6pinz

I want to install new brake lines through out the truck. The existingfront lines have been crimped off to stop the leaking cylinders at the front wheels (seems to me it would have been easier to just rebuild them). The rest of the lines have some rust pits and most likely would be fine but I would rather just change them now and be done with it.
I no the jeeps have kits, is there one available for the M37 or are they just custom fabricated as needed?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
In restoring my CJ7 I purchased a set of stainless steel ones from www.classictube.com. They are very good quality, and went right together. They don't list one for your truck, but they say they can bend a set from the originals.

CGarbee

I just head over to my local parts store and stock up on raw line and bend them myself... One of the dealers (Midwest Military?) had line sets at one time, but by the time you get them and tweak them into place, you might as well get a decent bender and do them yourself. That way, you also end up with a new tool or two (if you don't already have a tubing bender, cutters, and flair tool...).

As far as the jeeps go, quality control among the repro parts folks drove me batty when it came to brake and vent line pieces that I purchased...

6x6pinz

I was just going to take the lazy way out. I have the benders and cutters just need to get a new flare tool (old one not up to the task).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks